Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Excelsior "Brown Princeton" mod question

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by TNO, Jun 19, 2013.

1. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    NC-USA
    Can anyone tell me which three resistors I need to change to do this?

2. tubeswell

tubeswell Tele-Afflicted

Jul 1, 2008
    NZ
    Somebody's pulling your chain. I think you need to change more than 3 resistors.

3. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

May 24, 2010
    Canada
    Depends on how far you want to go. Bad schematic so I take no responsibility if these are the wrong part numbers but you can change R5, R7 which are 220k plate resistors on the first two gain stages to 100k and R44 which is the cathode resistor on the first stage to 1.5k from 3.3k. The input resistors are 100k, might make the tone a little darker or not, 68k is normal for most amps.

If you want variable tone rather than a switch you can change R5 and the switch to a 500k pot. That will get you most of the way there.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    NC-USA
    Thanks printer2, I've already bumped up the coupling and bypass caps, removed the bypass cap fro the second stage and changed the 6v6 bypass cap to 22uF.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.