Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ex-Fender luthier’s

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by J.T.S, May 30, 2009.

1. desert rose

desert rose NEW MEMBER!

Jan 15, 2017
    Japan
    Thought Id update this conversation since I just found it and my name is mentioned. Regarding Kurts guitars. I was working as a custom guitar maker at Fujigen, I was contacted by Dan Smith of Fender and asked if Fujigen could make a lefty Mustang for them for Kurt Cobain. The president of Fujigen would not agree to do this for only ONE guitar. Discussions in America happened and all parties agreed I would make TEN guitars exclusively for Fender USA, exclusively for Kurt. I made 10 guitars, shipped a total of 3 Fiesta red and 3 blue... before Kurt died. These were shipped over a period of many many months. During this time I was also asked to make TWO lefty Mustang necks by Dan Smith to be used on the two prototype Jagstang Kurt Cobain signature model. The reason I was involved is because the factory in Corona couldnt make lefty Mustangs and the young Custom Shop was SWAMPED, and Dan knew me as a custom builder who could do the work. These two necks were shipped unfinished and used on the guitars credited to Larry Brooks. The 6 custom Lefty Mustangs I made for Curt are VERY easy to identify. My name is clearly stamped on the neck under the finish. One of these guitars is on long term loan to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, complete with my letter of authentification. You can search google and find this guitar

gorebug and JustABluesGuy like this.

2. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    cool story, like it ..

3. PhatBoy

PhatBoy Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    OKC, OK
    Great story desert rose! Appreciate you taking the time tout it down.

4. Weeman333

Weeman333 TDPRI Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Tn
    Are you still around these dusty old threads? I need some help

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.