Back last fall I bought a Tele type kit from Thomann for 79 euro so was not expecting too much but when it arrived I found that it had a lot of niggling faults such as mis positioned holes and the neck needs a lot of work to get in some sort of order so I put it in the corner and went off to work. Five months on and I decide to give it a go and use it as a testbed to find out if I can actually build something playable and do a bit of customising to boot. After looking at it for a few days I came up with an attempt at an Esquire type having found an MIM 50's Esquire pickup on the net. I have started the build and will post my progress if anyone is interested. This is a pic of the original kit in a dry fit form.