Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Esquire make over

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by CJM3309, Aug 28, 2017.

1. CJM3309

CJM3309 Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Well I have had this extra neck sitting for a while and felt like doing a little work this weekend. Just a simple neck swap on my mutt, partscaster. Went from a mighty mite Rosewood neck to this 95' 52 reissue one. It's been refretted with larger frets and has an extra one added, haha. Either way it feels and plays great and thought I would share a picture. Thanks for stopping by.

20170828_085358.jpg

2. Texas_tele2015

Texas_tele2015 Tele-Meister

Dec 17, 2014
    Mesquite, TX
    Looks good from this end. Esquires are always fun to build and mod. Planning on converting my CV 50s BSB before to much longer.

3. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen TDPRI Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Jeff City, Mo.
    I'm building an Esquire now.

Tell me, are the necks close to the same profile? Which one feels "best" to you?

I must say, I've tried a few different necks and the MM necks always seem to feel really good. I like the vintage V shape, but have C, modern C, chunky, etc too. I get mine raw and tint and finish them, and they feel better than any poly neck I have felt. I know it's an opinion thing, but I'm curious.

That looks pretty darn good too IMO!

4. Big tuna

Big tuna Tele-Holic

Oct 28, 2012
    east side
    Cool looking guitar. Enjoy it!

5. CJM3309

CJM3309 Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks for checking it out. You know, I do like both necks. I think the mighty mite is a modern C shape. I had the frets done and a bone nut cut for it and it really helped. The mighty mite neck is a bit heavier, but again, they just both feel good. The fender does feel a little bit thinner.

rjtwangs likes this.

6. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    That is one good looking guitar! Have fun with it!!!

RJ

7. dustoff

dustoff Tele-Meister

May 23, 2005
    Glenview Illinois
    Nice guitar. I LOVE Esquires. Nice amp too. How do you have it wired ?

8. MahoganyStratDZ

MahoganyStratDZ Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2012
    USA
    Looks good, what did use for the pick-up and switching?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.