Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Esquire Discussion Forum - different wiring

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ESQUIREoholic, Mar 14, 2009.

1. ESQUIREoholic

ESQUIREoholic Tele-Afflicted

May 14, 2005
    Silver Spring, Md.
    OK I know we all have had our own Favorite Esquire wiring but are any of you still using something that really works for ya? I'm getting close to finishing my Latest Esquire Project and was wondering what some of the interesting wiring you guys are using. :?:

So bring em' on lets see what you are using out there....

2. shades

shades Tele-Afflicted

Aug 3, 2006
    Pittsburgh,Pa.
    This schematic is a proven performer. Plenty of chutzpah'.
    :cool:

Attached Files:

3. Rollo Greb

Rollo Greb TDPRI Member

Dec 7, 2008
    bc
    I don't have a schematic but I'm building one that'll have this wiring:

1 - vol. control only
    2 - vol. and tone control that cuts bass by shunting through a capacitor
    3 - vol. and standard tone control

4. ESQUIREoholic

May 14, 2005
    Silver Spring, Md.
    Thanks for those 2. Very cool!
    Shades - what Pot and Cap values are you using?

5. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

I have a Dimarzio AreaT pickup in mine and a 250K volume pot and a 500K tone pot. The switch is wired volume only position 1 ('back' position), tone with a .0022 orange drop cap middle position and tone with an orange drop .015 cap position 3.

I rarely use a tone control anyway since more than a slight turn of a regular tone control just results in useless mud IMO. And I just do not believe you can really alter a tele bridge pickup to be very much different...and still be usable.
    These small caps give me subtle variations but still keep the sound clear. The rest I do with my fingers.

I would just disconnect the switch altogether...but it's there.

6. shades

shades Tele-Afflicted

Aug 3, 2006
    Pittsburgh,Pa.
    With that schematic, we use 250k ohm CTS pots and an .047uf Vitamin Q tone cap. Honest ballsy tone.

:cool:

7. JasonRobert

JasonRobert Tele-Holic

i have standard esquire but with a rotary switch instead of a tone pot. Then I have a few different caps on it. when I first did it I tried loads of different caps and chose the ones i liked, which are now the ones in it.

8. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2005
    ROCK!linghausen/germany
    i have a splitable humbucker in mine. that gives three nice and useful variations. splitted + tone+ volume, bucker+tone+volume, bucker +volume. i tend to use the bucker + volume most of the time and the splitted sound for rhythm work.

9. ESQUIREoholic

May 14, 2005
    Silver Spring, Md.
    Great stuff
    A rotary switch on an Esquire... Pretty cool...You could dial in various wah tones :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.