Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

ES-335 Luthier Kit

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by FattoneTele, Jul 16, 2017.

1. FattoneTele

FattoneTele Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2016
    Jena, LA

2. voodoostation

voodoostation Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2007
    Midlothian, Va
    Friend's wife got him one for his birthday. Body and neck looked pretty good. I wouldn't put much stock in the electronics and would likely upgrade the tuners. Don't know how much he's accomplished with his (likely not much, I do all his guitar work), but for that price it would be a fun start. I didn't get to look at the tuners or pickups on his, so take my advice with a grain of salt. If you want to assemble on as a project, I say go for it. If you just want a 335 type, I'd look at the Xavier guitars from Guitar Fetish, especially when they do blowouts. There was another brand, but I can't remember at the moment.
    I'll probably pull the trigger on one of those kits in the not too distant future, myself.

FattoneTele likes this.

3. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

Jan 6, 2008
    Franklin, TN
    Regarding the Xaviere XV-900 - I bought black gloss with gold hardware about 10 years ago, and it is immaculately finished. Five layer ivory/blackivory/black/ivory binding everywhere, except single layer on the F-holes. Fat Pat pickups with split coil taps, pull-pull tone controls. I bought it new on fleabay for $165 delivered. Love hate until I put slinkies on it, now I love it. It's the vintage that had a reverse Zemaitis headstock. A kit for nearly that much would be a real bummer. Unless you have to build something.
    [​IMG]

Quinn23 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.