Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

ES-335 Club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Pickalittle, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Pickalittle

Pickalittle Tele-Holic

Jun 17, 2007
    USA
    What? No ES-335 Club?...unthinkable!

Did a search 4 ways to Sunday, no ES-335 Club. The guitar that most complements a Telecaster, was the root of so much roots rock, blues and funk? No love for the ES-335? What am I missing here?
    I love my Tele, but come on guys!

Straydogger and Frank'n'censed like this.

2. eljayski

eljayski Banned

Jun 5, 2009
    fort collins, co
    i'm in!

my recent-build satin-finish 335 that i love dearly!

[​IMG]

3. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Meister

What? No ES-335 Club?

Telepathy... that's just what I was thinking. Well, that and the 339 (which I'm hoping to bag this week).

On another thread one of the guys said the 339 is a 'perfect compliment to the Tele'... ditto the 335. Come on guys and let's have some pics.

PS. Do I have to start a separate ES-339 Club?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. eljayski

eljayski Banned

Jun 5, 2009
    fort collins, co
    yes! more fun stuff to browse! i might even start a cs-336 club! :p

bad photo, great guitar:

[​IMG]

6. Ron Garson

Ron Garson Friend of Leo's

May 18, 2003
    UK
    Got to get the numbers up here! :)

Here's mine!

[​IMG]

Conversely likes this.

7. craigoslo

craigoslo Tele-Meister

Feb 6, 2009
    oslo, Norway
    I love my made in korea 99 cherry epi 335. I still want a gibson though.

8. otaypanky

otaypanky Tele-Holic

Nov 20, 2008
    Mechanicsburg, Pa.
    1966 ES-335 purchased from a friend in 1968 together with a '66 Deluxe Reverb, paid $200 for both. Now THAT was a score. Too bad I was so young and dumb I don't even remember what happened to the amp. At least I still have the guitar, and B.B. signed it for me ~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ndcaster likes this.

9. Pickalittle

Pickalittle Tele-Holic

Jun 17, 2007
    USA
    Alright, I couldn't stand that there was no ES 335 club! I love my Tele, but my Tele and an ES 335 is THE two guitar set-up of all time, imho. Let's get this rolling guys and show off your eye candy! I'm in the process of buying my first ES-335 so no pics yet.

I owned a 339 and frankly, as nice as it was it just didn't have the tone I had in my head for the blues and classic rock I'm after on a 335 (Alvin Lee, Clapton, Moore, etc.).

LONG LIVE the Gibson ES 335!!!

10. eljayski

eljayski Banned

Jun 5, 2009
    fort collins, co
    you started a 335 thread on 9-13; why did you do another one?

11. Pickalittle

Pickalittle Tele-Holic

Jun 17, 2007
    USA
    On the 13th I thought I was just asking a question, yesterday the club was started officially.

12. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2007
    Bluesland, Texas
    I just came here wondering why there was no 335 Club then I saw this thread.
    Here's my babies;

'99 USA 335;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'03 '59 Historic;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. valiant

valiant Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2009
    Burslem
    While the TDPRI 335 Club must have more members and if it helps the squad numbers for the team can a USA Epiphone Riviera be considered for a place on the substitutes bench....it is a 1993 Gibson Custom Historic and one of 250 made....Cherry red with mini-humbuckers and frequensator....superb instrument.
    While the Epiphone Riviera is of the same family as the Gibson 335 also for consideration is a not to distant relation and offspring a Corona made sunburst
    Guild Starfire 4 .....a great guitar and excellent alternative with that 335 DNA.

14. Pickalittle

Pickalittle Tele-Holic

Jun 17, 2007
    USA
    After a couple of years looking for just the right ES 335, I will be bringing home a Larry Carlton signature in a couple or three weeks. I have heard rave reviews from actual owners about the gorgeous finish, tone quality of craftsmanship. I'll post a pic as soon as it arrives!

15. Pickalittle

Pickalittle Tele-Holic

Jun 17, 2007
    USA
    bluesjuke,
    Thanks for getting the ES 335 club rolling. What is the color of your first 335? The finish is just gorgeous! Looks a mile deep!

16. valiant

valiant Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2009
    Burslem
    Agree that '99 USA 335 colour and finish is mighty fine....by what name have Gibson called this magic?

17. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

May 7, 2008
    Okinawa, Japan
    bluesjuke, that '99 USA 335 is without a doubt one of the prettiest guitars I've ever seen! Tell us more about it! BTW, the Historic looks great too!

18. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's

Jun 26, 2008
    Albuquerque
    I've got a cherry red '03 335. Really love it, but this current band is built around twang...so it's the beat up Tele for just about everything.

Martin
    E. Christina Herr & Wild Frontier

19. Empty Pockets

Empty Pockets TDPRI Member

May 26, 2009
    Norcross, GA
    I have a cherry red Ibanez Art Core knock off of the 335, really like it a lot. Especially when I am working on a new scale with lots of stretch. The shorter scale length really helps. But I usually go back to the tele sound before the end of the practise session. I'm trying hard to relearn what I lost over 30 years of raising kids. Both guitars are great!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009

20. Phat-o-Caster

Phat-o-Caster Tele-Meister

Dec 8, 2008
    Colorado
    I've been wanting a hollow body in my collection for years but never had everyting come together 'till this week- It's not a Gibson but I'm very happy with my pawn shop found Washburn HB32DM out the door for $245 it was dirty and needed new strings but has no dings or scratches and I'm realy liking the distressed/aged copper hardware and it's warm woody tone and find it very comparable to the 335's that i've test driven-I'll have to wait a while till the honeymoon's over to be more objective but for now I'm lovin' it-Brian

Attached Files:

21. cuzzinmark

cuzzinmark Tele-Meister

May 27, 2009
    Stevensville, MD
    Mine's an '02 in translucent red with beautifully flamed top, sides and back. In normal light, it just looks like a red finish, but when the sun or spotlight hits, the whole top just explodes. Picture to follow. I used her live for a bit, but between the Tele and my strats and the new PRS 513, she's sitting at home in her case. That guitar is all over the new album of one of my bands -we're mixing right now and I'm realizing how great the tones are...

I had a problem with the first two strings-I'm a Fender scale guy, and they were just too easy to bend, so I upped the thickness on the E and B strings-did the trick. Also wasn't crazy about the '57 Classics paired with OD/Dist pedals, that is until I got my Zendrive-now THAT is some Godlike tone! Also, it's hard to get used to the strap hanging behind the neck instead of at the upper horn...

Great axe, and she is NOT for sale!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.