Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Entertaining TV shows

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by kelnet, Feb 6, 2013.

1. kelnet

kelnet Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Another enjoyable evening of PVR recordings.
    Castle, Elementary, Blue Bloods, Big Bang Theory, and Person of Interest (but not all at once). We've always got something enjoyable to watch.
    Then there's the return of NHL hockey, which is a lot of fun to watch with the HD projector onto a 90" screen.
    It's cold and wet outside, but good TV inside. Winter ain't so bad, as long as we've got HD and the movie channels.

2. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    The wife and I have been watching The Sopranos. We finally have the entire series and decided to watch it straight through. Best tv show ever, IMO.

3. I'm starting to get sucked into the vortex that is Downton Abbey.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    U.S.A
    Castle is great, like the Mentalist as well. Never used to watch TV shows like that, but I think they are pretty fun for the most part.

6. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    I'm right there with you. Damn those Granthams!

7. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    I liked Mythbusters.

8. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity

they've been showing a "Shaq Vs" show here lately..... how old is this one?...

I watched a few.. the baseball one, the nascar one, and the running one....so far..

kinda corny, but good fun all the same... he's a huge man .. and he has a go...

better than I thought it would be.... ;)

9. Teletubbi

Teletubbi Tele-Holic

Oct 10, 2012
    West
    Im proud to say its been nearly 3 full years now with no tv whatsoever.
    None, zip, nada., No more $100 mo bills, no more watching mindless crap.

I believe my IQ has has increased about 40 points. LOL
    Instead of wasting time watching tv now I waste time posting pompous crackpot ideas on internet forums.

Problem? is, now people look at me like Im from outer space when they mention a popular show and I dont have clue. That really reminds me what a big part of our culture tv is

I dont think everyone should necessarily kill their television, but it sure makes me feel free.

10. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    3 elementary-age kids in my house; I don't watch anything but Phineas and Ferb.

11. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 28, 2006
    S.E. North Carolina
    Needed another Series to throw in the mix on Netflix, so we started watching Hack. Pretty good show...

David Morse is an Ex-Cop thrown off the force for sticky fingers. He drives a Cab and gets involved in everything he shouldn't that he runs across... :lol:

12. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    My wife and I enjoy sitting down to Castle / The Mentalist / Bones / Burn Notice.

13. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Now that Homeland is on a different network up here, and is starting from the beginning, we might add that to our list.

14. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    What network is that on? Is it possible to watch it without having seen every previous episode?

15. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    You shouldn't have been watching the "mindless crap." Maybe you should have been watching some of the shows that people are talking about in this thread. I'm guessing that you were watching a lot of Survivor, Jersey Shore, Beevis and Butthead, and the Teletubbies. :D

16. I can say what network its on off the top of my head -- my wife picks it. It's an upmarket soap opera, so you slowly figure out what's going on. Right now it's season 3.

EDIT: Maybe it's an American PBS channel. I seem to remember falling asleep and waking up in the middle of Antiques Roadshow.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  17. Big John Studd

Big John Studd Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2010
    DC
  18. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 12, 2003
    Glamorous NoHo
    But apparently not your punctuation skills.

Who says nothing is certain but death and taxes? Quick! There's a thread about PCs getting started and nobody has chimed in with "Get a Mac!"

19. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    I was surprised it didn't happen until the 8th post.

20. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Guilty. I also got teary eyed during "that" episode and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

21. I know. What a waste of a kidney souffle!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.