Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Elpico AC88, Lee products.

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by 52BIGSBY, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 52BIGSBY

52BIGSBY Tele-Meister

Hello Members,
    I hope you can assist. My friend has the above amplifier. It has two inputs, one of which is for mic, and two speaker outputs. I guess it is about 20 watts. On the rear is an ohmage selector that consists of small metal tabs that rotate, giving the ability to control the ohms on either speaker outputs to both 3ohm, one 3 ohm one 15 ohm, or two at 15 ohm. The question is this: Speakers are either 4, 8, or 16 ohms. Would a 4 ohm cab work with the 3 ohm setting? Smilarly a 16 ohm on the 15 ohm setting? How would the volume alter accordingly.
    Many thanks for any input, (or output).
    Richard

2. 52BIGSBY

52BIGSBY Tele-Meister

Me again, can no one assist? Thank you for any help.
    Richard.

3. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity

SOunds like a pa amp. Marshall PA were great.

15-16 should be fine...most speakers are never dead on ohmage when you measure them.

IMHO

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.