Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Elpee , Everybodies Doing it

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by adirondak5, Feb 23, 2013.

1. melomanarock

melomanarock Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2010
    Argentina
    sorry to hear about your shoulder Herb, wish you a quick recovery!

2. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Thanks meloman , and good to hear from ya :)

3. CraigB

CraigB Tele-Holic

Nov 6, 2009
    Central Coast of CA
    All right, Herb! Glad to hear you quit the sticks. Many of us here know how hard that is to do! And it facilitates healing, a HUGE plus!

So, none of the CNC machines you guys are talking about can do bodies AND necks? Or is it just the logistics of the set-up for each task being complicated, and so you'd definitely want to have a dedicated machine to handle each, i.e., neck vs. body? Forgive my ignorance on the subject :eek:

4. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Thanks Craig , yes , I still have cravings but they are getting easier to ignore , and easier to breathe .
    I think Marty (guitar builder) is looking to build a dedicated neck CNC , I am looking for something that I can pretty much do all aspects of building , necks , and bodies . I have been looking at machines with 24" x 48" on the x and y axis on the large end down to 24" x 36" on the x and y axis on the smaller end . I only want one machine , and it will do all I want it to , if I win Lotto maybe I'll get a second one :)

5. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Hey, Herb. I don't want to put unreasonable pressure on ya here, but as I recall, there's a gorgeous Elpee waiting for a "big finish" ! Or did I get banned from the completion of the thread and just didn't notice?

6. thecableguy

thecableguy Friend of Leo's

I haven't seen Herb on the forum for a bit. The Elpee is probably long done and he's just not telling us. :lol:

7. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Hey guys , still here , still reading , watching threads , got a lot going on , life is strange at times . Rick , pm coming at ya ;)

8. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Sounds familiar. :) Good to hear from you Herb. I've been trying to find some time to spend working on my CAD / design skills. Something else always keeps getting in the way. (plus I've got 4 guitars that need to be worked on / finished!)

9. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Always sometin, ain't it? :confused::rolleyes:
    Robert, I think you've qualified for that Incomplete Guitar Project Society membership, now! :)

10. GunsOfBrixton

Dec 9, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I think I was secretly a member before...

11. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    a mere 4...doesn't even get you into the Junior IGPA membership :)

AKA JIGPA

You best get routing.......

12. GunsOfBrixton

Dec 9, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Now that is funny. Best laugh I had all day.

13. thecableguy

JIGPA... Awesome. :lol:

14. R. Stratenstein

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    My apologies, I defer to my esteemed Senior IGPA Membership Steering Committee Chairman.

DANG, I mean to my esteemed Quartermaster of the IGPA. :cry:

15. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

16. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2014
    Burbank, CA
    Hi Herb,

I quit smoking when I turned forty, I'm forty-five. I always tell people quitting was easy, learning to deal with life without the cigs is the hard part! Be honest with yourself about cravings, you do want a cigarette! But this phrase is very affective to say to yourself, "I don't do that anymore."

Onto CNC's! I was directed to this site for very good CNC machines for guitar work.

http://xzerocnc.com/index.htm

Thanks for sharing your thread.

17. mojoatomic

mojoatomic Tele-Holic

Dec 28, 2011
    Horn Lake, MS
    Herb, how'd this one turn out?

18. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Ha , its still in the same state Doug , still waiting to be finished up , along with a sugar pine strat . I guess those 2 are my entry builds for the incomplete guitar club . I've got everything for them except the enthusiasm to finish them up , hopefully that will return soon .

19. thecableguy

I know what you mean Herb, I've got a 90% finished LP style gathering dust right now as well!

20. mojoatomic

mojoatomic Tele-Holic

Dec 28, 2011
    Horn Lake, MS
    Man, me too... we're gettin' like Marty :)

Herb, anything on the bench?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.