Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Elpee , Everybodies Doing it

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by adirondak5, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Mojotron

Mojotron Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 21, 2008
    Seattle
    I hear ya on lifestyle changes, I've made some huge ones and glad I did. I was thinking your injury had something to do with that "random box of extra large condoms" :)

2. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's

Nov 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    Sorry to hear you are hurt Herb, we will wait patiently for the LP to be finished.

3. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Hey Herb,

You shouldn't save injuries for retirement. This is supposed to be the fun time! We miss you brother. There's only about three of us left carrying the Caribbean Burst flag in your absence! Sorry to hear about the shoulder. I'm just healing up from frozen shoulder syndrome myself. It funny that we take health for granted till something slips. Take care of that carriage, it's the only one you've got!

Rob

4. BluesBlooded

BluesBlooded Friend of Leo's

Get well Herb! Shoulders are long to heal. Too bad there so useful. So take the time, don't rush anything and enjoy your new lifestyle!

5. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

Sorry to hear that Herb, I wish fast healling and fast coming back at guitar buildings again.
    The good things beyong this bad injury story are the healthier life decision and guit smoking.

6. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Ha Jupiter , yea , I've got 5 minions already , but they don't do my bidding , I end up doing theirs :lol:

Yea , it sure is , but I will say I feel a lot better ;)

Yep , something I've wanted to get into for a long time , still not sure if I want to do a kit or go with turnkey unit but I am narrowed down to 3 - 4 brands , quite an investment but so is anything else that strikes me :lol:

Thanks Ricky , I hit therapy 2 -3 times a week at 7 am and aside from the stretch out on my bbad arm which feels like they are tearing my arm off , I quite enjoy the workout ;)

Ha , yea I'm getting a team of horses to pull my truck out of pudddles too :lol:

It'll get done James , I look at it every day . Thanks :)

Oh I am having fun Rob , I did a lot of small mouth bass fishing this summer and had a blast , but I can hear the shop calling , and the LP , the Strat , the Snakehead , and some other builds I've been thinking about :eek:

Thanks Andre , yea , long to heal is right , it got to the point I knew I had to stop any real work , and that was months ago , being bullheaded doesn't pay sometimes , but it'll get better ;)

Thanks Nick , and yes you're right , more good is coming out of this than bad :)

7. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Sorry to hear about your difficulties...getting old blows..... That's why it is time to get on those projects.....while we can.... What 4 CNC's are you looking at?

8. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 23, 2010
    East Tennessee
    So sorry to hear about your shoulder (with me it's been my back :rolleyes:). Glad to hear of the good changes :D and hope you can build again soon ;)

9. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Hi Marty and thanks , yea , getting older has its issues but it sure beats the alternative :lol: I have been looking at CNCROUTERPARTS specifically at the 2448 standard kit http://www.cncrouterparts.com/crp2448-2-x-4-cnc-router-kit-p-164.html , looks like a pretty good kit but I am a bit hesitant about a kit for a newbie , I can see advantages to it but I can also see disadvantages to it , turnkey units I have narrowed to Velox , a 3x3 or 2x4 ,http://www.veloxcnc.com/vr3636x_cnc_router_3_x_3.asp , a Stinger I which I believe is a 24x 36 ,http://www.camaster.com/product/stinger-i/ ,and Romaxx which I believe is approx same size as the Stinger ,http://romaxxcncrouters.com/romaxx-cnc-router-wd-1 right now the Romaxx is at the bottom of the list for me and almost off the list , the Stinger and the Velox are pretty interesting to me , they both look to be solid machines , with good support and good feedback , the CNCROUTERPARTS kit also looks to be a solid kit with good support and feedback , but it is a massive investment in time to just get to the point of another massive investment in time of learning how to operate it , not sure if that is worth the price difference . Still lots to think about , but most likely I would like to have something ordered by Feb or March next year , as long as my arm doesnt fall off :lol:

10. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Dave ! Good to hear from you my friend :) Thank you and hope your back mends up quickly , I hope to get back to building sooner than later but I am not going to rush it , funny how things change , we used to be the kids that were gonna live forever :eek::)

11. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    I have a K2 1525 which is now Velox. I would buy another if I needed to.... The parts are well made and although it is a fairly simple design... I think that's a plus. I've been looking at their long x and Z axis for a neck machine that I want to make. I already have a K2 Z axis here and all the parts for a machine except for extrusion. I've been looking at that lately and figure it is time to go for that. I want the 48 inch length but don't need the width for necks obviously. I've been wondering if I can build it vertical... to take up less space in my work area.

12. flatfive

flatfive Friend of Leo's

Apr 23, 2009
    Monterey, CA
    Herb, best wishes for a fast and complete recovery from
    your surgery. You were smart to use the time to learn
    about CNCs -- we look forward to hearing more about
    this.

13. JeffPBlues

JeffPBlues Tele-Holic

Jul 31, 2011
    Space Coast, Florida
    Hey, Herb. I hope all goes well with your surgery and rehab.

14. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY

Thanks Glenn , I don't know about being smart by learning about CNC's but it is quite interesting :lol:

Thanks Jeff , I think all will work out well , appreciate the good will :)

15. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Work area is another thing I need to work on with the wife , maybe commandeer another room in the basement . :eek:

16. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Just wanted to add my thoughts for your fast and painless as possible recovery, Herb. I opened up the thread when I saw it up front again, with lots of warm fuzzies, but dang, Herb's hurt. But then, yeaaahh, quit the butts. And looks seriously like maybe a CNC is in the offing! Anyway, we'll be looking for the completion of that gorgeous Lester, which will mean many good things on many levels.

17. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

Jan 6, 2008
    Franklin, TN
    One CNC space-saving idea - mount it on a wall (and swing it down for usage), or cut downhill, and have really stout lead screws and ant-backlash in the x-axis. Should make for easy clean-up, as all the sawdust would fall on the floor :).

18. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY

Thanks Rick , yep , punched Mr. Smokes right in the kisser !
    Tell my therapist about the pain free part when she's using my arm for a crow bar :lol:

Yea , met a CNC saleman at some cross roads a while back , he said it wouldn't cost me much , had a funny Buhaha kinda laugh , I signed on the dotted line with some weird lookin red ink , no money down , hmmmmm

Ha , yea , I could be the first one to have a Murphy CNC :eek:

19. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Herb, sorry to hear about the arm. Hope the recovery progresses smoothly. I hear you on the physical therapists. They really enjoy pushing the limits on other peoples bodies. My orthopedic surgeon was worse though. He really enjoyed manipulating my knee when I blew it out.

Looking forward to seeing what you go with on the CNC. We are finally getting near to completing ours. The CNCrouterparts kit looks good. I saw the place we got ours (Fine line automation) is redesigning theirs to make them easier to put together. So, it seems we weren't crazy when we complained to him about the misaligned holes.

20. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Thanks Robert , yea , I like how you tell them it hurts and they say we need to see if it will rotate more and just keep pushing ;-O , I am looking at software trying to get my head wrapped around it , Mach 3 or WIN CNC doesn't seem to bad , but Rhino or VCarve is gonna take some time , of which I have plenty of .

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.