Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Elon Musk

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by drf64, Sep 7, 2018.

1. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    Or speed up and start a cult for the naive people that believe him. A free pair of Nikes and a white robe for everyone that wants to go on the Great Voyage to Mars with Father Elon.

2. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    Does anyone else think once he gets to Mars...........

[​IMG]

src9000 likes this.

3. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    Keep going, guys. Matt Damon is just down a ways waiting for you and Elon with some fresh Martian potatoes.

The hyperloop idea struck me as a high-tech take on the old "Johnny Canal" skit on Saturday Night Live years ago with John Malkovich.

Toto'sDad and drf64 like this.

4. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 1, 2018
    Maryland
    I'll take the Nikes, pass on the rest.

Cargos?

5. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    Everything may be legal on Mars but it looks like only attractive young people are allowed. I find this condescending. Are there elevators on Mars?

Toto'sDad likes this.

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

If I get there first, I'm declaring everything LEGAL.

rcole_sooner and screamin eagle like this.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Some considerations are being made to accommodate the older folks, right now whether to include oxygen on board for them is being weighed as a necessity, or a frivolous extra.

8. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2018
    Chino Hills CA
    P.T. Barnum

9. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    There are elevators, but so far they are not fully functional because there are only one story buildings there presently. We have begun on the job training to fully develop the skills of the elevator operators for the day when the second floors are completed.

drf64 likes this.

10. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    Who will get off first?

Toto'sDad likes this.

11. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    We're working on that too. Last in, first out seems to be the most efficient, but there are people's feeling to consider you know.

drf64 likes this.

12. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

you are only looking at the earthlings... once the green chicks come out... they will redefine hotness.

drf64 likes this.

13. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Yeah, it’s always fun to naysay someone whose stepping to a different drummer but have you driven a Tesla?

I have! Model S. Best car I’ve ever driven.

I would have a Model S today but they’re higher priced than I budget for when it comes to cars. Maybe once my house is paid off. In the meantime I may look at the Model 3. It’s a bit of a pipe dream for me but I might be able to swing a Model 3 once the preorders are filled.

Remember Tucker and his cars? He was pretty unconventional too. I sure wish he didn’t get hamstrung by the auto monopoly and political corruption.

bcorig and Mouth like this.

14. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    Tucker is one of my heroes.

awasson likes this.

15. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Hey, I’m with ya. And we’d be brother in arms, but planets were meant for conquer. No matter what you believe. Human society is tribal in nature. We’ve proved we’re capable of mean and nasty things to each other. Unless there are non-humans involved, there will be a defector.

16. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2018
    Chino Hills CA
    Great product but the company has yet to show a profit. Also give me something I can take 350 miles through the desert with the AC on that doesn’t require stopping at Eddie World to recharge.

17. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2003
    Minnesota
    It has nothing to do with Musk being unconventional. It has everything to do with Musk being a fraudster.

18. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I don’t think the jury is in on that subject. I mean sure, people have opinions but that’s not how it works. Has he been charged with fraud? What was it regarding?

Tesla is on track to be profitable. I don’t know what the 3rd quarter results are obviously but the 2nd quarter results were losses of just a couple of dollars per share and each quarter is improving. The forecast is that Q3 & Q4 will be profitable. If so, that will be a red letter day.

Don’t forget that it took Amazon many years to be profitable and isn’t Jeff Bezo’s the wealthiest man in the world now?

By the way, I’m not defending him whatsoever for accusing that hero diver, who was part of the team that saved those kids of being a pedo or child molester. Musk needs to be sued for liable or defamation and the fellow he’s accused should be well compensated for that abuse but that has nothing to do with Space X or Tesla or the Boring Company or the Hyperloop.

19. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    You're being generous. Their year to date losses are about $3 billion and their cash on hand to support further losses is $2.3 billion.

20. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    How deep is deep

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.