Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Elon Musk

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by drf64, Sep 7, 2018.

1. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    You're going to power houses with a flashlight that runs off of an AA battery? That's brilliant!!!! That at least as good as the stories that Elon comes up with. I'm sure the VCs will be throwing cash at you once you finish up your business plan.

Mouth likes this.

2. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    No, it runs off a cat that runs off AA batteries. Guess where you put the batteries?

The cat acts as a supercharger of sorts.

3. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

Feb 13, 2018
    U.S.
    Pfft. If I can't take the abuse, I don't deserve to be able to put batteries in cats' butts in the name of science.

Just kidding for anyone who doesn't realize that is a joke. I'd never stick anything in any part of any animal. I know there are some people reading that may not get the joke and want to make sure they don't get upset.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018

4. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I know a woman whose husband worked for Elon Musk. To make it short:

Tesla is not about cars. It's about battery technology. SolarCity isn't about solar panels, it's about solar energy. SpaceX isn't about practical (e.g., reusable) space craft, it's about moving space exploration further.

His companies may fold; why should he care? He's perfected the ability to get the government to fund his experiments.

5. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I’m thinking the Saudi’s will be quite interested in alternative energy. At some point they will inevitably run out of oil. True they have the second largest oil reserves but there’s something fishy about their numbers. Up until 1985 they reported 170 Billion barrels and then in 1986 the number changed without explanation to 260 billion barrels. At present they should have oil for the next 70 years but what if the numbers are fudged... Then they might run out during the reign of the present king and he might be motivated to look at other methods.

I know, super long shot and the numbers those guys calculate in terms of wealth are in the billions of dollars but who knows... it could be that they’re diversifying.

Piggy Stu likes this.

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'm thinking mouth needs to get going on Saudis!

awasson and Mouth like this.

7. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    I'm thinking from all of this that marijuana will be legal on Mars because Elon will be the first to land there and no one will be able to impose any other rule of law - certainly not from 30+ million miles away.

Nubs likes this.

8. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Unfortunately, a cocktail of vast amounts of money and power / influence tends to make some people feel like they can say and do anything - with impunity. I believe there's some truth in the following - albeit that the scale of "badness" varies:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority."

John Dalberg-Acton (First Baron Acton) 1834-1902

9. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    If pot was legal on Mars, how would they ever get enough Cheetos up there?

:lol:

Seasicksailor likes this.

10. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    Elon has already undoubtedly taken care of that. The plan would be to fly them in on the advanced "supply ship" landing.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    rcole_sooner likes this.

11. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

what do you mean IF? Everything is legal on Mars!

drf64, Nubs and rcole_sooner like this.

12. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Canada is closer!

awasson likes this.

13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield

14. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 1, 2018
    Maryland
    Not sure I'd say they fund him, which makes it sound like he's not making money from customers, investors.

Good read: https://cleantechnica.com/2018/02/1...esla-spacex-elon-musk-wealth-exist-subsidies/

grooveiron, awasson and scrapyardblue like this.

15. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    Now why would you go and link that article, buster? You trying to spoil the fun of the Bad Dog's teet-sucking, drug crazy, Madman Musk narrative? Evidence, who needs evidence when we're on a mission?

Thanks for the link.

awasson likes this.

16. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 1, 2018
    Maryland
    For the record, I think Musk is an exceedingly bright guy, but his behavior lately has been erratic to say the least. Earnings call, the Azealia Banks weirdness, this Rogan episode, the Messianic statements therein. Dude needs to slow down.

17. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Ever since Elon convinced me we're living in a computer simulation, nothing seems to bother me.

Mouth likes this.

18. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Only until we get there.

awasson likes this.

19. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    I think he thinks he has us right where he wants us. Though, I'm not sure he can sustain his grip.

20. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    The guy seems to be manic: he makes grandiose pronouncements some of which bear little or no relation to reality. The hyperloop, for example, is never going to be a good or a practical idea. His behavior when those Thai kids were trapped in the cave was nuts: he came up with a “solution” without ever visiting no the site, seeing the real nature of the problem, or talking to people on the ground. Not surprisingly his mini sub would not work. He got miffed when it was gently pointed out, then called one of the rescue divers, one of the guys who actually risked his life getting the kids out, a “pedo.” WTF?

Then he made up some nonsense about going private which he had to walk back and he’s now under investigation by the SEC.

The guy seems to be heading for a breakdown. But who knows? It’s always been hard to sort out the real from the hype.

screamin eagle likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.