Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Elon Musk

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by drf64, Sep 7, 2018.

1. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    is going out with a whimper, not a bang. Most of you you know of what I speak, but here's a link if you need the latest:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/tes...bizarre-musk-podcast-appearance-cao-exit.html

but he's undeniably a genius. And he has some incredibly creative ideas for how we as a species might exist longer. I say we need that. I couldn't find the link to what I thought was his best idea, shrinking our living and work spaces, but there is this:

https://www.smartcitiesdive.com/news/how-elon-musk-could-reshape-city-life/448036/

So here's the angle I want you all to cover: is there a method to his madness? is he blowing up his company to make it into something better or take it in a new direction? Please refrain from sophomoric comments about what an idiot he is because you are jealous that he gets to go home to Talulah (oh sweet music to my ears, that name Talulah. love it). How crazy or poor does he have to get before he loses Talulah?

[​IMG]

What ya got?

bloomz likes this.

2. CandyAppleASAT

CandyAppleASAT TDPRI Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Littleton CO
    Dude I laughed real hard at this, its just such a dumb situation

drf64 likes this.

3. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    He has said that he intends to die on Mars, and further explained that it would not be on the landing.
    Go, Elon!

Djentleman Dan likes this.

4. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 1, 2018
    Maryland
    I think this thread will get removed for drug talk, but honestly... it's unpossible to talk about his situation without looking at that factor. It's clear the guy has pulled a "Dwarves in Moria" and dug too deeply, except with psychedelics and pot, vice earth and stone.

5. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    But thats not really why he's trending today, izzit?
    The Joe Rogan thing.

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Tesla is a house of cards. I think that EM is succumbing to too many hours on too many things... like a 15 year manic adventure... even going on Joe Rogan is the sign that an intervention is coming. The car is horribly flawed and not going to last (his).... but, being able to design, build and land a rocket... well... that is pretty much one for the books. I think his support system is not in place and, like tiger woods, or other geniuses who lack that support system, it isn't sustainable. (Note: Bill Gates = Great support system, Steve Jobs = Great support system)

7. demon

demon Tele-Meister

Jan 18, 2015
    Northern Europe
    He's a smart guy for sure, but 120+ hr working weeks sustained for years will make a guy burn out or blow up.

awasson and 3fngrs like this.

8. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    I’d say that like a lot of folks I know, he has moments of impressive clarity.

thunderbyrd likes this.

9. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    It's all part of Elon the genius' grand plan to save the world. He finally figured out that you can't save the world by making luxury cars for the wealthiest 2% of society, so he's intentionally bankrupting Tesla so he can focus all of his energy on his tunnel boring company. After he finishes launching rockets into the ocean, he's going to send tunnel boring machines to Mars to create underground cities for future civilization.

10. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    Why? It's legal here in California and many other states. The subject is no more "drug talk" than mentioning of cigars, or beer, or aspirin.

esetter, bloomz, ce24 and 10 others like this.

11. drf64

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    Underground may be the answer, on Earth anyway. I think you're onto something, but i think it's less obvious than bankrupting Tesla.

12. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    I just wish he was burning his own money.

Fiesta Red and rickthescot like this.

13. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Charleston, SC
    He seems a bit of a fraud, don't you think?

waparker4 and Fiesta Red like this.

14. drf64

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    I don't see it that way. It's not my field of expertise, but the success of the rocket is undeniable. The car is apparently a poor design but it's not the only measure of his success. I think he's really trying to better the human condition with big ideas.

15. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2016
    He's a real life bond villain... without a doubt.

16. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    I wish him all the best. The things he’s done with Space X here in my neighborhood are bordering on unbelievable.

My first thought when I saw the Rogan vid was “I like the way these guys roll” lol. YMMV.

17. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Meister

Jun 3, 2016
    Chicago, Illinois
    When humans get unlimited wealth and power, it must be incredibly difficult to remain humble and sane with any sense of perspective. History has shown us that repeatedly.

18. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    I think you're right. Just think about how much better life will be after Space X lands a few more big military contracts to launch surveillance satellites. That's the first step to ending civil war and widespread malnutrition in Somalia.

19. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I adore Warren Zevon, and miss him terribly, but he was wrong when he said

Every human being, even Musk, needs a good nights sleep most every night of the week. Which is such a simple thing to understand. But the "genius" doesn't get it.

E5RSY likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.