Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Electro-Harmonix B9 Organ Machine! So cool...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RiverDog, Jun 18, 2014.

1. henry b

henry b Tele-Meister

Jun 3, 2010
    Elgin UK
    So how is everyone getting on with the B9 . I sold mine to a mate who is a much better player than I am . And what do you think of the C9 .....hb

2. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    I'm actually playing mine at the moment trying it out with different amps/cabs in amplitube3, I love it :lol: it's surprised the amount of songs that sound great with this pedal.

Edit; Booker T & the MG's Green onions is a Blast on it:cool:

3. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

i still like mine. i personally did not think the c9 sounded great but iv not heard it in person.. i think the b9 sounds better.. each to there own i guess is the saying. i think my next ehx pedal will be a pitch fork. seems you can get some cool drone tones with it... like the sintar peal but cheaper.. but i guess if i had the cash a pog could do all that +.
    chris.

4. StoogeSurfer

StoogeSurfer Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2011
    USA
    Not for me. I enjoyed it for a few days but we have parted ways. I just prefer playing guitar, lol.

5. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    I was going through my patches on my newly updated Boss GT100 (the new 2.0 firmware) and found a new Organ simulator pedal model.

Incredibly fast polyphonic tracking, tweakable & footswitchable for vibrato, etc. pretty much sounds same as this.

Nice!

6. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

do you think boss added it because of the B9?
    chris.

7. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Had my first shot at playing through a B9 this week. My initial impression is about the same as I had before I played it. A) It's like seasoning on a steak. Nice if you don't over do it. B) It requires some knowledge of how an organ works within the musical scheme in order to get it right. Meaning it's very "technique" driven.

With my CS Nocasters I found it better using just the neck pickup and with the tone rolled back quite a bit. Not muddy, just not full on dimed tone either. Some organ models require a little more high end than others but the pedal itself can shriek like a banshee as far as highs go.

For my style of playing and my usual spot as a guitarist in any all guitar band I could definitely get some use from it. Now I want to try out a C9 to check out the differences.

8. Mightyaxeman

Mightyaxeman Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I use mine all the time. I always wanted to play B3 and now that I've adjust my playing style to it I feel right at home on it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

9. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

I bought one as my 50th birthday present to myself. .it arrived about a week ago but it's another week till my actual birthday and I'm trying to hold out till then before i open the package. .it's killing me!

10. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

Apr 8, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    just open it! I mean, you do have to fill out the warranty card within 15 days anyway, why not do it before you forget? ;)

11. soulman969

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Did they get you on that one too? :rolleyes:

That's just so they have your address and know where to find you in order to implant that chip in the back of your neck. ;)

DON'T SEND IT IN RICHIE!!!!!!!

12. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

Ah the electro harmonix conspiracy theory!

13. soulman969

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Owned by an alien don't cha know? Here's he is holding up one of his brain scanners. It just looks like a power tube.

[​IMG]

14. telesavalez

telesavalez Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    California
    I waited for these to be out for a while, before biting the bullet, and read reviews-threads etc... Damn, this thing is fun and I'm breaking out the Booker T, Procal Harum, and Sam The Sham riffs baby. love this thing. At my next gig our fans better bring their roller skates!

15. flatpickerjohn

flatpickerjohn TDPRI Member

May 8, 2010
    Portland Oregon

16. telesavalez

telesavalez Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    California
    Led Zep's Blackdog mashed up with The Surfari's Wipeout= Blackout
    The B9 is being used on Wipeout and one of the many solos.........

17. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Tele-Afflicted

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    I'm hoping to pick up a C9 this weekend at Guitar Center.

I'm torn, though. Our band could really use a PA system, even a cheap 200 watt system, for our rehearsal space, but the C9 could also add a lot of interesting sounds to our eclectic set list. Frack! I just don't know. I've wanted a B9 for forever, and now the C9 looks so awesome!

18. vjf1968

vjf1968 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Well would you rather have a PA where people can hear you or a pedal? Unless you want to become an instrumental band. By the way used B9 pedals are showing up on Reverb.com. You can probably snag one cheap now that the novelty has worn off.

19. soulman969

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Haha, well now that is an all out hoot! Clever, very clever.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.