Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Electro-Harmonix B9 Organ Machine! So cool...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RiverDog, Jun 18, 2014.

1. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    I just love that sitar sound and can see me using it quite a lot, equally same with the B9, I think I'll have to get both :twisted: I might as well incur the wife's wrath in one go instead of twice lol.

2. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Kind of my thought. The B9 would be super useful for recording alone.

3. 3waytie4last

3waytie4last Tele-Meister

Jan 22, 2005
    I think the Sitar and the B9 are the most interesting pedals that EH has made since the stuff they put out in the 70s. I'm not gigging or recording with them, I just like pedals that produce interesting noises, and these are a couple of the best.

In general, I find most modern EH pedals to be pretty artificial sounding, kinda like chemical flavoring vs natural flavoring in food and drinks. But I've had lots of their vintage stuff and that was all pretty interesting and fun, the Attack Decay Tape Reverse Simulator being probably the coolest pedal ever. Nice to see a couple of their recent pedals really hitting the mark tone-wise.

4. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

i could have fun with their freeze pedal. also their pog stuff looks like a lot of fun.

chris.

5. 3waytie4last

3waytie4last Tele-Meister

Jan 22, 2005
    I got 15 minutes of fun out of the Freeze and then sold it.

I've got the POG2 and have only used it a couple of times. I think it's got potential, but it's just not one that calls out, "use me!" very often. I guess it's a pedal that you want to make organ-like noises with, but now that the B9 exists, you don't need it. The original Octave Multiplexer and Deluxe Octave Multiplexer pedals sounded much better. That's why I say the modern stuff mostly sounds like saccharine compared to the real "sugar" of the vintage stuff.

6. vox Phantom

vox Phantom Tele-Meister

Apr 17, 2010
    Wynantskill NY
    Electro-Harmonix B9 Organ Machine So Cool

Went today to our local Guitar Center and tried the B9 Organ
    Machine. They only had one in stock and when I was done I
    bought the B9 Organ Machine:cool: Tomorrow I can some fun
    with it.

7. henry b

henry b Tele-Meister

Jun 3, 2010
    Elgin UK
    EHX B9

Got mine Saturday am . tried it out in bedroom and was blown away with the quality and tone of this pedal , played through my ZT Lunchbox + LB ext spkr.

8. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    Just ordered both:lol: the B9 & the Ravish Sitar, I cant wait to get my hands on them.:D

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Our work here is done.

10. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    LOLOL.....my missus is wanting names of those that make me buy these pedals:D

11. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

lol, hide us man. hide us!!
    chris.

12. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

Apr 8, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Ok, I've got the list...

-mike Mathews
    -Famous guitarists
    -god
    -the voices in your head

13. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    The Ravish Sitar & B9 organ pedals arrived this morning :lol: I've only had time to play with the B9 & I've got to say WOW it sounds more like an organ than you could ever believe.
    I've got it plugged into my line 6 pod xt live and using a Vox AC 30 & cathedral like reverb & delay, it just sounds fantastic, HUGE:D I'll try to get some demo's up in the week.

[​IMG]

14. sjhusting

sjhusting Tele-Afflicted

Jul 8, 2003
    Germany
    Fun, fun, oh baby. The B9 is great, but adding the Lex hits it out of the park.

steven

Attached Files:

15. lareplus

lareplus Tele-Afflicted

Mar 9, 2010
    tucson, az
    SJ. . .we need to hear that! Never thought of combining the two, but yeah. . .there's potential there. Can you make a short youtube, both chords and some melody lines?

That would be very appreciated by lots of us here.

16. sjhusting

sjhusting Tele-Afflicted

Jul 8, 2003
    Germany
    Will do when I have some time - may be a week or so.

Steven

17. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    Just had a fun morning messing around with this B9, they're insane.:lol:

18. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

sounds good. i know im having fun with mine STILL. heh. i was sorta worried id be bored of it after a hour. but no way. its just a blast, and when you tire of keyboard sounds.. thicken up your tone..

its oct. so i broke out the B9 and learn the horror movie "halloween theme" it sounds great on the B9. and a very easy theme to learn too.

i do need a Leslie pedal still.

chris.

19. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    I totally agree, these are just a ton o fun to play around with. I'll have to have a listen to that Halloween theme. The bass line in Booker T's green onions sounds really good too:)

20. Del Pickup

Del Pickup Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 24, 2008
    New Zealand
    I also like the fact that using the B9 has made me think about playing single note lines more like a keyboard player and it also suits my slower playing style as Hammond players tend not to play a hundred notes a minute and let notes sustain more.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.