Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

El-Crapocaster

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by BB, Dec 16, 2008.

1. BB

BB Friend of Leo's

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    Here's a litte crapcaster I'm putting together on the cheap from scrounged parts. 1 piece, 3.9lb pos ( but a verytoneful pos! ) pine body and a Squier 51 neck. Everything else will come out of the parts drawer, so I'm not sure on pups yet. I dig funky, fugly geetars, so this one should fit right in.

Attached Files:

2. holndav

holndav Friend of Leo's

Mar 24, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Well, it is kind of "dookie" colored.

3. Stoked

Stoked Tele-Meister

May 30, 2007
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I like it. Did you stain the body?

4. BB

BB Friend of Leo's

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    No, the body was like that ( actually, much darker with painted on, thick white binding! ) when I got it. I did take the 'binding' off and lighten the body somewhat, but in all honesty, I'm too darn lazy to actually refinish it!

I must say though, ever since I started watching my 10 mo old grandaughter three days a week and changing her diapers, that butt-ugly, 'dookey' color has kind of grown on me......

5. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Very cool... I just finished a TeleCrapster a while ago. Fun project. Can't wait to see yours when its done.

6. mrothacker

mrothacker Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2008
    Asheville
    Hey John if you like funky looking guitars why not do that thing they used to do in the
    70's when they would make plywood furniture and take a blowtorch and partially burn the top and then put on a clear coat . Just an idea , granted a stupid one !

7. WickedGTR

WickedGTR Friend of Leo's

Jul 12, 2005
    Hillbilly Hollywood
    I always wanted to paint a guitar green with a broom.

8. wikur

wikur Tele-Meister

Sep 7, 2006
    Sweden
    Hi BB!
    I`ve got this one!
    Made it to get used to the router.

[​IMG]

Cheap pine from a local source.
    Looks nice with a neck!
    [​IMG]
    Gotta go through the parts bin and see if I can get it working!

9. stratelespaul

stratelespaul TDPRI Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Columbus, Oh
    wikur,
    That's sweet!
    I'd go with either all black or all gold hardware or a combination of the two, gold tuners with black bushings/nuts, gold bridge, black saddles, you get the idea...no pickguard so those cool knots shine through.
    My $0.02

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.