Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

EHX Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by DrBrule, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DrBrule

DrBrule NEW MEMBER!

Feb 23, 2017
    Chicago
    Thoughts? I own the original Canyon, and I enjoy it quite a bit (though IMO the TC Flashback is still a better "all-arounder"). There are some nice improvements here -- an Echorec-style drum delay setting, the ability to use effects while looping, stereo outs, etc. -- but I already have my hands full with the first Canyon.

That said, there's a very good chance EHX is gonna squeeze some more cash out of me for this one.

4pickupguy likes this.
  2. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    They did a better job on the Binson and Memory Man than TC. The stereo mod delay is decent. Not having stereo inputs might limit a bit of its functionality. I like seeing EHX going for this end of the market. I dont think anyone has as big a roster to offer. This fits in the market space as the Souce Audio Nemesis and TC Flashback/Alter Ego etc,. I assume the price point would be in the $250/$300 area.

jddub440 likes this.
  3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Howdy, and welcome!
    Thanks for the heads up!

DrBrule and 4pickupguy like this.
  4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I ordered one yesterday, looking forward to it’s arrival!

5. Lamar Chipperson

Lamar Chipperson NEW MEMBER!

Sep 25, 2018
    Western Kansas, USA
    Mine arrived today and it is pretty rad. I have only spent a few minutes with it so far, but it sounds great. I’ve spent most of my time exploring the “Pitch” setting. This is my first experience with any type of modern polyphonic pitch shifting, and it’s pretty mind blowing. I’m sure this is going to lead me down an expensive POG filled rabbit hole. Impressive piece of gear for the time I’ve spent with it.

6. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    I got mine yesterday but we have ten people for Thanksgiving dinner and I spent my whole day cleaning the house.

I’m hoping to replace my DD-3 and Mooer AnaEcho (and then some). I had a regular Canyon for a while. It had a bunch of great sounds, but I found it too fiddly. The text on the knobs was too small and the alternate functions were hard to remember. I think the Grand Canyon will be a lot easier to use, with all its functions right on the front. It doesn’t really take up any more space that the original Canyon, once you throw in the tap tempo switch.

7. grilldanmo

grilldanmo Tele-Meister

Nov 14, 2017
    United States of America
  8. grilldanmo

grilldanmo Tele-Meister

Nov 14, 2017
    United States of America
    I got the Flashback II last year and have been looking to add another (analog) delay, possibly something like the Rubber Neck of Carbon Copy Deluxe. Despite being another digital delay, this looks quite appealing...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.