Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Eden bodies on eBay?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by tacomamc, Oct 2, 2017.

1. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    Anyone used these lately? I’m planning a build and looking at what cost effective options are out there for a body.

2. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    I got mine today. Actually it is the best of the cheap bodies I've had so far. I'll know more when I go to put parts on, but holes seem like they may be in the right spot. It's a really thick poly finish. One downside was the ding in the back due to minimal packing.

3. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    Mine arrived today as well.... but I’m still at work, so I’ll see it in a couple hours.

4. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    The ferrule holes line up to a stamped Fender bridge. There are no bridge mounting screw holes. The neck drops in snugly and the pickguard fits around it too. So far so good...ding notwithstanding....
    :).

5. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    Here’s mine....4 lbs 13 oz. Image1507756372.311980.jpg Image1507756399.693592.jpg Image1507756419.946767.jpg

And a shipping bruise too: Image1507756477.588338.jpg

6. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England

7. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Your bruise is worse. I only had 3 pieces of foam inside.... ding3.jpg

8. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Holic

Dec 21, 2012
    england
    Are they laminated ? that chip is unexceptable i'd be fuming

Dismalhead likes this.

9. FerruleCat

FerruleCat Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

May 2, 2017
    Tulsa, OK
    [​IMG]

They need to get a handle on their process. Here's my ding. Otherwise, my experience is good -- great neck pocket, ferrule holes correct. Too much trouble to send it back at my own expense, especially since I like the burst.

Edit: Here's my build so far -- using the All Parts TMO-FAT. I have since switched to a Fender bridge plate and dome Tele knobs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    guitarbuilder likes this.

10. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    Totally agree, the body is nice and the hassle of sending back far outweighs the getting another one. I looked, but no it’s not a cap, it’s just the way the wood grain swells down right there.

11. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Must be their relic series...Beast of Eden ;)
    Seriously, sorry about the scenario

Blue Bill likes this.

12. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    If you think sending them back is a hassle then you should at least haggle a discount, even for a $100 body I wouldn't accept it. If you wanted a big ding in the body wouldn't you be better off buying a used body? Either way, if people are saying nothing about these shipping bruises they'll never learn to package their products more carefully.

nojazzhere and Teleterr like this.

13. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    I think that’s a fair point. I’ll send them something tomorrow.

14. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 31, 2009
    Queensland Australia
    How are they doing that finish??????? Are they troweling it on? Looks very thick.

DC

15. Mr Green Genes

Mr Green Genes Tele-Afflicted

Feb 23, 2016
    MI
    Yes

16. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    It is thick, but not thicker than any Fender branded body I’ve had before. It’s not a cap, as shown by one of the three pieces that were glued to make up the body.. the joint on the butt end is visible on both faces as well. Regardless, the ding is pretty substantial, and I suspect most reasonable people would be perturbed with this. Clearly I’m not the only one who’s experienced this, so anyone ordering these bodies should be made aware. Still, all in all, I’m pleased with it and think it’ll make a great Telecaster for me.

17. newuser1

newuser1 Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2017
    Toronto
    I looked at all the bodies listed at their store and didn't find any lefties. Has anybody ordered a lefty body from them? Has anybody ordered a custom body from them?

18. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Here's an update. I emailed Eden through ebay about the crappy packaging and didn't get any response yet. I installed most of the bolt on parts.

The bridge went right on after locating and drilling mounting holes. The ferrule holes needed to be drilled out, as the finish impeded any installation. I'd say they were about as even as straight as one would expect.

The neck is a MIM strat which I just stuck in there with screws. The pickguard and control plate are allparts. The pots are CTS full size.

I had to open up the control plate about 1/8 at the bridge end to accommodate the full size pots on this plate. I drilled it out on my drill press. Mini pots would no doubt have worked OK as is.

The electrosocket required a re-bore of the finish that accumulated. I used a harbor freight step drill for that easy enough. I may have to open up the pickup cavity too.

In fairness to Eden, they tell you right on the ebay page that these bodies will require some tweaking.

DSC05673.JPG

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Mat UK likes this.

19. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    Here’s my widened string through holes with flush ferrules.... not perfect, but way better than the last time I did this!
    Image1507993284.126968.jpg Image1507993317.092239.jpg

20. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2016
    Jeff City, Mo.
    Wow ... I'm really astounded these are as bad as they are. I've seen 'em on there, but I'm not a poly guy, I use nitro on my bodies. Those string ferrule holes are just ....unacceptable, as are the dents in that thick plastic casing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.