Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Echoplex parts

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by gguitar55, Mar 14, 2011.

1. gguitar55

gguitar55 Tele-Meister

Sep 2, 2008
    La Crescenta CA
    Let me try posting this again maybe somebody will see it that didn't last time.

Hi Folks: Does anyone know where to get the thumb screws that hold the plastic cover in place on an EP 3. They are the same as the ones that hold the tape cartridge in place. I have tried all the usual parts places listed on the internet and no joy.

Would appreciate any help.

2. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    U.S.A
    Might be worth trying Fulltone? Maybe while developing the TTE they had some extra parts laying around or might point you in the right direction.

3. silentechoes

silentechoes Tele-Meister

Unless you want the actual OEM Echoplex part, I'm sure you could find something that would suit at a hardware store.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Ronsonic

Ronsonic Tele-Afflicted

I've worked on an echoplex many years ago and don't recall just what they used. It might be easier to approach the problem looking for "thumb screws" by the threading, which I'm pretty sure will be some standard (eg 8-32) size. If you can figure out the size then it's just a matter of finding the things.

A quick search started popping stuff like this.

6. gguitar55

gguitar55 Tele-Meister

Sep 2, 2008
    La Crescenta CA
    Thanks Ron: I'm going to try that, the tape cartridge screws are the same ones, can you tell me how to measure them I don't know anything about screws. (and there's the problem with my social life in a nutshell)

7. callaway

callaway Tele-Holic

Jun 6, 2009
    Blacksburg, VA
    Take one of the thumbscrews you have to a hardware store, preferably a small local one that has an aisle of single screws and nuts. They usually have a board with a bunch of different size nuts mounted in it with the thread sizes marked, so you can try them until you find one that fits. Or you can just try a bunch of different nuts until you find one that fits, then you know the thread size. Or, if they're anything like my local shop, just walk in and announce "I need one of these or the closest thing you got."

8. macaroonie

macaroonie Friend of Leo's

Try Fyfe and McGrouther , Kennedy St. Glasgow. They have everything that has a screw thread on it. :D

9. gguitar55

gguitar55 Tele-Meister

Sep 2, 2008
    La Crescenta CA
    Macaroonie: Are you telling me I could get screwed in Glasgow? Cause that sounds interesting. I've always wanted to visit your part of the globe and this is some incentive. Thanks

10. gguitar55

gguitar55 Tele-Meister

Sep 2, 2008
    La Crescenta CA
    Found One

If anyone is in need here is a link where you can order thumb screws for echoplex covers and for the tape cartridge.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#99607a116/=bh44n9

part number is: 99607A116

thread size 6-32 thread length is 3/8".
    Note: These are not exact replacements if you are trying to achieve museum status, but they will work and look similar.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.