Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

EBay Adventure?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Bob M, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    The bridge is definitely not an American Standard bridge. That should have been a red flag that it's not one of those.

2. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Agreed.

3. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I was responding to the question of what to do if you have something not as advertised. It didn't seem like the OP was asking us to confirm what he got. It's not for me to second guess him - it's his deal, he just asked what I'd do in that situation.

If he really wants to verify, I'm sure he knows to add photos.

4. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK
    Just for the record, the Highway 1 finish was low gloss acrylic lacquer until 2008 not nitro.

Most Hwy 1 bodies were stamped in the neck pocket with the Fender part number 60081
    Tele_Hwy_1_2008_neck_pocket.jpg

5. harold h

harold h Friend of Leo's

Feb 15, 2004
    I would send that back in about 5 seconds.

It sounds like a parts guitar, body may even be an import.

6. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    Un update-I contacted the seller and asked for $100. He's offered $75. That tells me he was reasonably aware of the situation. I'm holding out for the full $100. It's not what I wanted, but at a net $650 it's OK.

7. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    As long as you end up happy in the end, it's a good transaction. Cheers!

8. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    That's it. I started thinking earlier in the year about doing a parts caster but I didn't need another project. The parts are all good and at $650 it will work.

Bootstrap likes this.

9. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2003
    WALTHAM MA
    I'd protest, and keep pushing until the seller refunds.............I would have been suspicious at the "no refunds" policy.

Ebay & Paypal should be helping etc etc.

Gary

10. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    I list as "no refunds" on some of my bigger ticket items, like guitars. I've had people get buyers remorse before and return things. It sucked. The No Refunds kind of weeds out those sort of folk. Of course, I'd take a return if I mistakenly misrepresented something though.

11. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I'm the same. No returns, unless I inadvertently (or purposely, I guess) misrepresented something. Then I'm not only happy to refund, and pay return shipping, I'm required to by Reverb and/or Paypal. So, I always disclose everything. Unlike what happened here, it seems.

12. blille

blille Tele-Holic

I’m still unsure the seller did something wrong here. He listed it as MIA. All we know is that the neck is a Highway One, which is MIA. There are suspicions about the body but the neck has not been taken apart so we actually don’t know. I also have a neckplate with a useless tilt hole in a tele that had a plain plate.

IMHO the problem is that the OP thought he was buying an Am Std and that we know for sure it’s not. But he could have known that by looking and the bridge and/or headstock or asking.

I would also pay $75 to avoid eBay drama, reselling and shipping a guitar. Not sure that is admission of anything.

Not saying it’s not a partscaster, I’m just surprised how everybody jumped to conclusions immediately.

Bootstrap likes this.

13. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I already gave my view on this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.