Eastwood guitars!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Broclee89, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Broclee89

Broclee89 TDPRI Member

I am looking into maybe purchasing an Eastwood H77 or Eastwood Classic 6HB! Does anyone have experience with these or Eastwood guitars in general? They have an excellent warranty and trade up program. Promotion going on right now for free hsc and free shipping.

Nubs and paulblackford like this.
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Holic

I thought you decided on an Ibanez?

3. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I had an Eastwood baritone Sidejack, a solid body, but as far as the workmanship is concerned, I was impressed. The neck is especially nicely done, nothing but good things to say. The only reason I parted with it was its big body size and weight.

4. paulblackford

paulblackford Tele-Meister

I always wanted to get a chance to play the Tuxedo. Semi-hollow with no f-holes. P90s. I heard the necks were a bit small. Lots of good videos online, though. I've heard good things about their pickups, but I've got no personal experience with them.

5. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

As far as Eastwoods go, I am currently GASsing for several of them, but I can't convince myself to bite. They seem about 20 to 30 percent overpriced to me.

$700:
    H5916_2e6f0ba1-f330-4262-837f-535edc56e2d1_1090x.jpg

$1,200:
    mondata_387a1d6a-e5ca-4cda-85c8-cef0f14bcc49_1024x1024.jpg

$600:
    Newport1_1090x.jpg

$600:
    Eastwood-Guitars_DevoSignature2x4Bass_Red_Right-hand_Angled_1090x.jpg

$550:
    widowbas2_1090x.jpg

fidopunk likes this.
  6. Broclee89

Broclee89 TDPRI Member

Well I am leaning more towards the Eastwood. I have been listening to RJ Ronquillo playing both of the Eastwood’s and they sound great. No upgrades necessary. Not interested in buying an as73 as I would upgrade the pups and the only as93s I find in my price range are in colors I don’t want.

7. Broclee89

Broclee89 TDPRI Member

8. Broclee89

Broclee89 TDPRI Member

9. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

RJ makes every guitar sound great, he's an actual guitarist and can nail any style and any tone with any guitar/amp. You need to consider that when watching demos form people like RJ, Phil X, Andy, the guy from Premier Guitar etc... If you are buying a guitar based on what these cats can do with it, the odds are high that you are going to be less impressed with what you can do with it, unless you are a studio quality musician. If RJ was playing a bolt neck epiphone LP Jr through a Pignose, it would sound awesome..

Nubs, Ben-Zion, scrimmer and 2 others like this.
  10. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

I loved my Stormbird, it was heavy, and the P90’s were lifeless. Had a baseball bat and amazing fretwork, fair price. Found something worth taking the hit trading in (LPJ, lost a pickup but it just ticked all the right boxes.....would buy another one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.