Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Earthquaker Devices Cult

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Adelbatross, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Adelbatross

Adelbatross Tele-Meister

Dec 15, 2013
    Australia
    Well, if you're like me you have a cult like obsession with Earthquaker Devices. They are making some of the best pedals out there right now, and keep releasing more and more awesome stuff!

I have the Hoof Fuzz, which is a great version of the Russian green muff with some extra tone shaping, the Bit Commander monophonic synth and looking to get the Dispatch Master. All awesome pedals, never tried one I didn't like.

All built like freakin tanks too. Check out the demos by Pro Guitar Shop. As usual, Andy makes those things sound awesome.

To the guys in Akon: please take my money!!

2. fescue

fescue TDPRI Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Red Wing, MN
    Had a Palisades....it did not last long on the board and got returned. Found it truly underwhelming; I just couldn't coax a tone that I liked from the thing. Either way too much treble or too much mush. And with all the buttons,dials and toggles, it was more variations of treble and mush. Went entirely the other direction and got a Speaker Cranker; one knob. As a stand-alone dirt box, it's OK. But pair it with a fuzz or another dirt box, and hold on baby. This thing will push whatever dirt you have to the edge with more range and dimension. Funny thing is, EQD does not bill it as a boost pedal, but it sure acts like one.

3. kromanomo

kromanomo Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2011
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I like their modulation pedals. I gave the Dispatch Master and the Disaster Transport Jr. I think the Afterneath is next.

4. AMERICAN_Tele

AMERICAN_Tele TDPRI Member

Apr 19, 2014
    St Louis
    Just picked up "The Depths" and it's such a cool sounding pedal. Definitely check out the demo by pro guitar shops I think it is on youtube. Aside from the depths they have a lot of gear I'd like to get.

5. Nicky V Hines

Nicky V Hines TDPRI Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Cape Girardeau
    image-35223447.jpg

Three of the seven pedals on my board are Earthquaker. I couldn't be any happier with this company.
    -Organizer
    -Dispatch Master
    -Arrows

6. KeithJ

KeithJ Tele-Meister

Jul 27, 2012
    Reindeer
    I have the Terminal Fuzz and it is amazing. I want to get so many more of their pedals!!

7. blakestree

blakestree Tele-Meister

Nov 21, 2014
    Savannah, GA USA
    I believe Afterneath will be my next pedal.

8. Marshal28

Marshal28 TDPRI Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I love their stuff. I currently own a Bit Commander, The Depths, and the Organizer. I may add an Arpanoid in the future.

9. warthog

warthog Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2011
    Slovenia
    I ordered the Park Sound Fuzz that Earthquaker is reissuing. I'm totally excited to get it!

10. xmugmugmugx

xmugmugmugx Tele-Meister

Feb 24, 2013
    Dispatch master! I love every sound I get out of it. I wish I had a dozen of them so I could have each one preset to a different sound. And one extra to leave on all the time.

11. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Dispatch Master and Hoof Reaper here. That is just the ultimate fuzz. I love it, and I almost always am an OD over fuzz guy. The Tone Reaper side just kills with a tele bridge pickup. Its THE pedal for a "ride the guitar volume" guy. The Hoof has amazing lead tone. The octave is great with the Hoof side, played in the neck pickup above the 10th fret. And combine the two sides and roll the guitar volume to about 5 and you can play metal. The Hoof Reaper rules!

12. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1419733016.028807.jpg
    My gf got me the Tone Job for Xmas. It is amazing. It beat out the RC Booster for me because it's got 3-band active EQ instead of just treb and bass. I find boosting or cutting the mids super useful, especially with a Deluxe Reverb as it has no mid knob.
    It's knocked out a Sex Drive and a BB Preamp. It's my go to boost for solos for sure. The Sex Drive will be replaced eventually just because I love it so much.

Right now I'm just running a Barber Compact Tone Press comp > Barber Gain Changer > Wampler Delay > EQD Tone Job. I might add a second OD but I really don't need it at the moment.

13. Marshal28

Marshal28 TDPRI Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Wisconsin
    My new Arpanoid came in the mail today.

Multitudes of joy from running a Z Vex Fat Fuzz Factory into a Moog 12-Stage Phaser into the Arpanoid. Multitudes. Definitely not your typical, "always-on" effect.

Anybody have a favorite setting or style in which they use the pedal?

14. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Holic

Dec 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've recently purchased their Tone Reaper fuzz and Grand Orbiter vibe/phaser pedals.
    Love 'em and trying really, really hard not to buy the Afterneath verb anytime soon to keep the CFO happy for the time being.
    Very nice, musical, useable tones through all setting ranges in these things!
    The Tone Reaper can go from slight grit to growl with just slight adjusments to your git's volume knob. It's a beautiful thing!

15. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2009
    Toronto
    I have the Dream Crusher fuzz. It's a spectacularly dynamic Fuzz Face clone. I've even used it as a dirty boost. My only issue is that it absolutely has to be first in the chain.

16. rogue_one

rogue_one TDPRI Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Proud owner of a Hoof Reaper. Got it and a really nice BYOC Tri-boost off CL for $225. I think I did well.

17. Marshal28

Marshal28 TDPRI Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I have a V2 Sea Machine chorus arriving this week. Looking forward to it.

Anybody else pick one up yet?

18. blakestree

blakestree Tele-Meister

Nov 21, 2014
    Savannah, GA USA
    I have an Afterneath for sale, if anyone is interested.

19. jorbjorb

jorbjorb Tele-Meister

Jul 18, 2012
    Winnipeg
    just added the dispatch master to my chain and absolutely love it.

20. xmugmugmugx

xmugmugmugx Tele-Meister

Feb 24, 2013
    I love mine! So many options.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.