Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Early 90's '57 reissue in fiesta red. Value?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by ShaunQ, Aug 15, 2013.

1. ShaunQ

ShaunQ TDPRI Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Hey all!

I'm thinking about putting a '57 reissue, in what I think is a rare color, out there on the market. It's from 92 or 93, and in good shape. I can't find ANY of these that have sold on ebay recently so really I have no other guide than to ask the experts here! From what I've been told, the neck pickup is original, while a previous owner changed the middle and bridge to noiseless. It's a great guitar, but my tele is favorite, and since I only use a strat for a Floyd tribute band, I might pick up something with 22 frets (that damn bend in Money!) and a flatter radius. Thanks dudes!

-Shaun

Attached Files:

2. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Holic

Feb 13, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm sorry to say that they haven't really picked up much value.
    I say that because I just traded my '87 Mary Kay for a new Gibson Traditional (with P-90s) for an even swap. (or roughly $2000).
    Good luck though!!

3. ShaunQ

ShaunQ TDPRI Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Thank you! Yeah, I wasn't expecting any sort of huge appreciation, however I didn't buy the guitar, just received it in a trade for a G&L Asat, so I have no idea what it's original value is either! I'll probably shoot for $1500ish on CL then and be open to other offers.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. grange45

grange45 Tele-Meister

I think thats a good price, but i would look into if it was a special run. If it is, it might be more valuable. Even if its not, the fiesta red color is higly sought after and you might get someone to bite for more than $1500, if you have all the case candy and ohsc.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.