Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Earlier : Dark Matter, Now Dark Matter

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by chemobrain, May 19, 2017.

1. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    I have put some pleasant time spent with The Dark Matter Distortion pedal by T C Electronic.
    I watched some youtube listen to some people who explained that dirt boxes work really well when feeding into a clean amp and a bunch of other very insightful information prior to putting the pedal to work

AMP Simulator: Digitech 360 RP, amp model Brown Bassman with a 4 x 12 cabinet, not filters or other fxs used plugged directly into the audio interface of my computer.
    I choose the Bassman in that it is rumored to be the sire of the JTM 45. plugging the guitar into the dark matter directly into the Digitech 360 RP and playing clean, then with the pedal on, the sound was full dynamic missing all of the scratchy, frizzy, harsh characteristics that give distorted amplifiers such bad press. oh yes! chemobrain exclaimed, yes! yes, listen Spot listen Jane, oh this is wonderful " Spot and Jane stepped several paces away from chemobrain as he frolicked and played punk power chords like a lad that missed his nap.
    " Come on" Jane said to Spot, "let's go to the park so that I can hit the tennis ball with this crusty racket and you can chasethe tennis ball and bring it back to me over and over again." This was something both Jane and Spot liked to do.
    Jane put some doggie treats in here pocket and grabbed a cold bottle of tap water from the fridge.
    Does it sound like some imaginary anvil of the gods, think Marshall JTM 800, how would I know? I've never played one. I have no idea , but, I do know that this sound design is a keeper.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Staypuft1652 likes this.

2. Artslap

Artslap Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2014
    Sydney, Australia
    Run Chemobrain, run!

Staypuft1652 likes this.

3. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Sounds divine Chemobrain.

chemobrain likes this.

4. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    I had a real Fender Super Reverb with four ten inch speakers(it was an older 60's model around 7 on a 10 scale there was this magic spot, that the guitar and amp would become alive as one, the guitar would sing. (kinna metaphysical)
    Absolutely beautiful but.... it was so loud you could hear it anywhere in the central valley. Having had this kind of experience colors and skews the perception that I have of what good tone is.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

5. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Yea I do not doubt that had a sound to behold. I should try your method of using pedals into my A/D interface but I cannot put my finger on it, I just cannot bond with playing guitar through my laptop. So I have went on a pedal buying binge for my mediocre little tube amp. Almost there.

With that said my lil $99 modeling amp is awesome. I have found if you use an amp model with it with the gain all the way up, with an overdrive into it with the gain and output turned up, it is a distorted mess that is very musical. One of those cheap microphone tube preamps also accomplishes the same thing.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    chemobrain likes this.

6. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    the computer interface is operating here,
    PC interface: 24 bits AD/DA Conversion: 24 bits
    the interface out is hooked up to a very nice pair of carvin monitors.
    the sound is pretty convincing.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

7. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks for the info - have been thinking about getting one myself.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.