Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by uriah1, Apr 18, 2019.
Phone, wallet, keys.
And now we have Video
And I agree with Bob.
Didn't Bobby kind of do the same thing a couple years back?
Big difference. The tapers never bothered me or detracted from my experience in the way that some fool sitting in front of me holding up their cell phone does. I've seen Bob several times and, like StrangerNY noted above, the announcements prior to the performance are clear.
I saw someone recently, can't recall who, who stated that photos would be ok during the first 15 or 20 minutes of the show. I think that system is a very good compromise.
I think Bob Dylan is wonderful, anything he does is AOKAY by me. (From my thread on Dylan, I know this is the ONLY correct answer)
I don't know, people seems more worried about recording a video they will never see, or to share it with friends than actually enjoying the show...
I think Dylan thinks his fans are suckers. He's probably right.
And....ol' Bob needs to wear his glasses on stage (he's notoriously near-sighted) and look behind him a bit so he doesn't fall over monitors anymore.
If he's gonna curmudgeon so curmudgeonously, he's gotta be alive first. One broken neck per lifetime there, Bobster!
Do you think if the word gets out about the concert and attendances drop he could be at risk of ending up being homeless?
Jack White and many others now use the bag system .
your phone is in the bag the second you walk into the arena. You can use your phone anytime you want by stepping onto the concourse . Huge phone use areas and there are many of them where the people unlock your phone then you can sit there the entire show and talk on your phone if you want.
or you can have them put it back in the bag and you can go back and sit down and watch a legend with a capital L - and all the rest of them letters too. (Bob not Jack)
Bob needs to call his buddy Jack and start bagging it !
Most likely the cell phone crowd were not just taking pictures … but were making live audio visual recordings in violation of copyright law ? (check them out on YouTube)
Bob could never be homeless because at least 97% of the TDPRI BAD DOG CAFE would give him a home, maybe let him sleep in the middle in their king sized bed. For sure let him pet their dog, and eat all he wanted. The other 3 % would adopt him.
About a decade ago, at Portland’s Waterfront Blues Fest, Robben Ford asked a guy not to use a flash. It was broad daylight, on a sunny, summers day...not only did the bozo do it again, he was actually an older, middle aged stage hand?!
I think you're both probably.... Wait, no I won't say it, cause BOB is KING!
He could stay on my lounge for a while if he brings his vintage guitar collection and promises not to play Blowing in the Wind.
FWIW I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan.
I'm on the fence on this one.
I doubt the cell phone photographer was using a flash. If they were using a flash the flash would be useless and the photographer would be very rude. If someone was in the dark taking a non-flash photo of a famous person I don't see how it could effect the star or hinder the star's concentration. If you have 10,000 people already staring are you how is a dark iPhone going to make it worse?
Having people love you and want to see you or get a photo or on rare occasion an actual autograph kind of comes with the fame and fortune and notoriety (I think).
If a star was eating dinner in an airport with family I would pretend that I never saw the star. If the same star was loitering near a gate I might discreetly ask for an autograph.
I think about the concert photos and I think about thousands of people cheering and clapping and dancing around their seats and they're all staring at the band. It seems to me like holding up a dark iPhone and pressing a button shouldn't outrage or disorient the star.
I'm seeing Ani DiFranco from the second row in a couple weeks. I absolutely love her and her work. I will take a couple discreet photos and I'll probably post one on Facebook. I don't think that makes me an a-hole but I could be confused.
Potentially an A-Hole,
Would you still love Bob if he got big and fat like Elvis?
I'd Possibly like him a little more than I currently do if he was more homely looking.
I'd need to get a bigger lounge though and put a lock on the refrigerator before he could sleep over.
I did not mind a brownie in front of me taking a picture at a concert.
I thought it was a right since you paid to see the artist?
He doesn't like it,but someone records every single one of his shows.