Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Dyeing MM Necks with Fiebings Dye

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by 69Yenko, May 8, 2012.

1. 69Yenko

69Yenko TDPRI Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Alabama
    Any one tried to dye a Mighty Mite/poly finished neck a vintage amber color using Fiebings oil/leather dye. I would assume you may have to mix a few colors (yellow/brown?) of the stuff to get close to a vintage hue. I have dyed a MM neck with the black dye to get a gray tinted look ala James Trussart teles. Turn out pretty good IMO. Wiped it on and wiped it off until I got the shade I wanted. Seems to be holding up pretty well under daily playing. Experience or comments? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Arbiter

Arbiter Banned

Jan 24, 2012
    self-banned
    I've used the black dye on ebony boards countless times, always makes 'em black. Did a maple with the black dye a few years back on a really old Vietnamese acoustic. Got that grey thing you're showing. Wears down to the light wood very quickly, but that has a neat look to it all of its own.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.