Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Dwight and Buck

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by don71, Jan 13, 2018.

1. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2009
    Central Missouri
    I've been down a rabbit hole with these boys the last couple of days. Really, the whole Hee Haw crew and Buckaroo's too.

A simple song with only vocals and a guitar. Music to your ears.

2. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 15, 2017
    Harvest, Alabama
    I re-watch the video of Dwight singing at Buck Owens' funeral ever now and then.

His tribute to the man is genuine and awe-inspiring, and his rendition of 'In The Garden' is sublime.

I perform it that way at the local old folks home every now and then.
    :(

3. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    Somewhere i have a great cd of just Dwight and his guitar. I believe it is called dwightyoakamacoustic.com or some such.
    Does lots of his hits acoustically.

4. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    I'm not a big country fan but I'm a really big Fan of Dwight Yoakam.
    Thanks for posting.

nojazzhere likes this.

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Two greats!
    Love em’ both!

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit

One of the best covers - ever.

Completely took it in another direction/made it his own.

2 Headed Goat likes this.

7. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    Dwight is one of the greats.

8. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    You guys might like this story. I got introduced to Dwight's music in the early mornings ca. 1982 by an off-duty skinny young EMT ambulance driver who made money on the side by driving a school van around our county, picking up a group of kids to take us into the city. We kids were all growing up on arena rock, but "Blaze," our driver, who drove on sidewalks to avoid traffic snarls (with us in the van), would crank Skynyrd and Yoakam, Paycheck and Waylon, Ronnie Milsap, etc. We hated it! and if we said anything, he'd laugh, turn it up, and start singing. We thought Dwight the worst because of his nasal accent. But it was hard not to notice the guitar playing and overall excellence in songwriting. We never agreed as a van what to listen to, but country music had a hold on me from childhood, and when I was old enough to understand, I realized those Dwight tunes via Blaze were all saying it was okay to be a fan of great old music, even -- and maybe especially -- when it didn't sound like the cookie cutter world around you.

Thanks, Blaze.

Uncle Bob, Chip, Mike Eskimo and 2 others like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.