Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Dunlop Crybaby problems...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Jawknee5, May 2, 2012.

1. Jawknee5

Jawknee5 TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Orange County, Ca
    Howdy fellas...

I have a problem with my Dunlop JH1 Crybaby wah pedal. Ive had it for about 14 years and about 4 years ago it started messing up.

Okay. So, when i play it under battery power- The sound will slowly fade away, and after a couple seconds it will lightly "click" then the sound will be at full volume.

Im not sure if it does it with a power supply, i dont have one on hand to try it out with.

If anyone can help me out, it would be great.

2. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Holic

Jan 19, 2011
    You've gotta try it out with an adapter in order to diagnose the problem as with the wah itself or just with the leads from the battery clip. Good luck - let us know how it turns out.

3. vjf1968

vjf1968 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Well 14 years is a long time for oxidation to build up. Cet a can of DeOxit, disassemble the switch asnd spray the contacts. Also see if can clean the pot and the input/output jacks.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.