Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

DRRI Channel Question

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by rokdog49, Apr 24, 2012.

1. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

Mar 22, 2010
    Ohio
    For all you DRRI owners, I notice when I use Channel 1 (Normal) in the first input the amp has a "tighter" more compressed tone. When I play out of the Vibrato Channel In the first input, the amp sounds more open, less compressed and boxey. Incidentally, this is with the reverb turned back to "off".

Where are you folks plugged in most of the time?

2. Leep Dog

Leep Dog Tele-Afflicted

Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    I got a new DRRI last week and I really like it a lot. I'm no expert and I'm still learning the amp too, but as of now I prefer the normal channel. The vibrato channel is really bright and I notice some fizz when I run overdrive pedals through the vibrato channel.

3. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

This is the amp clubs section, you might get more responses if you post your question in the regular amp section of the forum.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

Jan 29, 2010
    Marietta,GA
    I use the vibrato channel, input one. The input 1 on both channels have more gain. Inputs 2 have less on both channels. I still don't know why people say channel two is too bright. I prefer having more than less. I just turn the treble back. Then again, I use my Les Paul Classic most of the time and its not a bright guitar, but sure sounds good through it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.