Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Dreaming of a Tele that doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DougM, Oct 11, 2018.

1. NothingGoatboat

NothingGoatboat Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2017
    Southern California
    Squier bullet fsr from GC... LPB, string through, $150. You can probably get a discount through Musician's Friend

2. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Is that an older discontinued model, cause I can't find it on Ebay, or Squier's website, or anywhere else. s-l1600.jpg The only one I found that was close was a CAR one on Ebay in Japan, for $600.

3. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Feb 19, 2015
    TooFarFromCanada
    DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!

I always found Jazzmasters ugly and gimmicky things. Too much like Jaguars, too. I had a '64 or '65 Jag that was just traumatizinlgy bad.

Then I overheard someone in the 'hood playing a knee-bucklingly great-sounding guitar. It was the J Mascis Squier Jazzmaster. He let me try it out. Oh, Lawdy! Got one as fast as I could, and it (shhhhhh) just may be the one guitar that can out-do a Tele for eloquent variety. Great neck, too. Thicker than the spindly "Modern" Fender C-shape. Even the muffly "rhythm" circuit is very useful through a bright amp.

And when you're playing one, you don't have to be seeing how ugly it still is.

Real affordable, too. (Not affiliated w/ seller.)
    https://reverb.com/item/13185269-squier-j-mascis-jazzmaster-w-gold-hardware

4. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2011
    Branson, Mo
    Lucas McCain was “forced” to kill in every episode, while his son watched from a safe distance.

5. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    I'm about to make a couple of Tele style guitars in carbon fibre, one 6 stringer and the other a 12 string.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.