Dreaming of a Tele that doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DougM, Oct 11, 2018.

1. NothingGoatboat

NothingGoatboat Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2017
    Southern California
    Squier bullet fsr from GC... LPB, string through, $150. You can probably get a discount through Musician's Friend

2. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Is that an older discontinued model, cause I can't find it on Ebay, or Squier's website, or anywhere else. s-l1600.jpg The only one I found that was close was a CAR one on Ebay in Japan, for $600.

3. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Feb 19, 2015
    TooFarFromCanada
    DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!

I always found Jazzmasters ugly and gimmicky things. Too much like Jaguars, too. I had a '64 or '65 Jag that was just traumatizinlgy bad.

Then I overheard someone in the 'hood playing a knee-bucklingly great-sounding guitar. It was the J Mascis Squier Jazzmaster. He let me try it out. Oh, Lawdy! Got one as fast as I could, and it (shhhhhh) just may be the one guitar that can out-do a Tele for eloquent variety. Great neck, too. Thicker than the spindly "Modern" Fender C-shape. Even the muffly "rhythm" circuit is very useful through a bright amp.

And when you're playing one, you don't have to be seeing how ugly it still is.

Real affordable, too. (Not affiliated w/ seller.)
    https://reverb.com/item/13185269-squier-j-mascis-jazzmaster-w-gold-hardware

4. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 2, 2011
    Branson, Mo
    Lucas McCain was “forced” to kill in every episode, while his son watched from a safe distance.

5. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    I'm about to make a couple of Tele style guitars in carbon fibre, one 6 stringer and the other a 12 string.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.