Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Dreaming of a Tele that doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DougM, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I couldn't sleep last night, so I was up until the wee hours of the morning watching reruns of Gunsmoke and The Big Valley. I finally got to sleep about 4am, but then I woke up about 7, got up to pee, check my Email, and see the latest update on Michael. God Bless those poor people. I pray there are no more dead found beyond the six already reported. I then went back to bed, and dreamed about going into my local Fender dealer and finding a sweet used LPB Squier Affinity Tele Thinline (a model which doesn't really exist) for $175. I was about to pay for it and take it home when I woke up and realized it was all a dream. Bummer!

2. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    I think that had you actually paid for it, it would have been next to your bed when you awoke.

3. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    Make it a bullet and I’d be all over it ! I hate to say this out loud, but I prefer the rosewood bullet necks to the maple classic vibe necks. I still prefer my RW classic vibe custom neck but I’m having trouble faulting the bullet necks .

chemobrain, Toto'sDad and DougM like this.

4. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Much as I try to warm up to Maple necks, I prefer Rosewood (or Pau Ferro) on Strats and Teles. That's why I bought the Squier CVC Tele instead of the regular CV or the Thinline, 'cause I wanted a Rosewood board. My Hendrix Strat is the only Maple neck one that I've ever been able to get along with. f935f2b49a6805f5251d8d4295caa1d9_1024x1024.jpg

Nickadermis likes this.

5. Bluego1

Bluego1 TDPRI Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Washington

6. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I love that cra-ap too! And a few more, dunno why....

As to "Dreaming of a Tele that doesn't exist"...

'Make it' exist.

7. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm not a builder, only a player. One thing I like about all those old westerns, both the ones that I mentioned, but also Have Gun Will Travel, Wagon Train, Bonanza, The Rifleman, Rawhide, Wanted Dead or Alive, and even the campy ones like The Lone Ranger and Roy Rogers, and other shows like Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver, as well as others, is that they taught us kids about good morals, ethics, integrity, and the Golden Rule. And I find that lacking in a lot of the films and TV shows today where the heroes are of questionable morals, sort of anti-heroes if you will, and I wonder if that's a bad influence on young people.

8. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    It didn't work on me....

Actually you might have something there, and it well may have worked on me. I am not known to be a DutchBagen in any circle of which I am aware....

I guess then, get one of us DIY nuts here to make it. ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018

9. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    "DutchBagen"? Tried looking that up, without success. Care to clarify?

10. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm kind of slow sometimes, and didn't get your DB reference, so I Googled it and came up with this surprising answer-
    The term "duetshbag" is a German based term. It refers to a male individual (German) who is full of himself, as if he knows everything, and is vulgar, disrespectful, rough, and uncouth, according to Answers.com. Is that just the German spelling of DB?

nojazzhere likes this.

11. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    night before last, I dreamed about a jazzmaster. I've never been interested in jazzmasters. something about the one in my dream was very enticing, for some reason.

DougM likes this.

12. Bluego1

Bluego1 TDPRI Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Washington
    I was fairly sure he was referring to this. Or maybe Peyton Manning.
    [​IMG]

Toto'sDad and DougM like this.

13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    There are no good guys in movies now, there are only less bad guys. There's the guys who cuss, and chew and kill everybody, and there are the heroes who cuss and chew and shoot the guys that are shooting everybody, but if they have to they kill everybody too. It's so confusing.

nojazzhere and DougM like this.

14. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    [​IMG]

That guy's really gonna need a lot of Vaseline when he gets where he's goin'.

Bluego1 and drf64 like this.

15. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Matt Dillon, Paladin, Lucas McCain and others killed a lot, too. But only when forced to. Bret and Bart Maverick, on the other hand, never killed anyone that I can remember.

Toto'sDad likes this.

16. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Well see, John Wick is supposed to be the good guy, and he has killed just over 23,000,000,000 people but we're not sure if they were good, bad, or collateral damage. The only thing we know for sure is, he's probably gonna have to kill more than that in JW 3!

17. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I want a Strat or Tele with an angled headstock, like the Washburn N4.

LeftFinger likes this.

18. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    See it's not commonly bandied about, but Lucas McCain moon lighted as bounty hunter, and little Mark, well he was actually a midget who was McCain's partner. They passed Mark off as a kid, but when someone needed stabbing and carving up to put in a bag, that was Mark's specialty.

See that's actually where they got the idea for the movie "Valley of Elah" Mark carved up a guy that Lucas had disposed of because instead of the bad guy, Louis accidently shot an insurance salesman, and well it all went from there..

nojazzhere likes this.

19. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Did a little google search, and the only part of your dream guitar that isn’t real is the affinity part... there is a VM Squier thinline Tele in LPB. Oh, and the price... that was a little dreamy too... DCBBF17C-721D-47CD-8B5D-D48B158B070B.png

DougM likes this.

20. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't recall ever seeing that before, but maybe I did, and it was buried in my subconscious, and that's where my dream came from.

Danjabellza likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.