Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Drake Beats Beatles' Billboard Record

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BigDaddyLH, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Garth Brooks out sold The Beatles...I rest my case

2. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2013
    SoCal
    I can't believe this is trackable anymore... It seems highly likely that 90+ percent of Drake fans (and any other music fans in the last 10 years) illegally downloaded their music. :D

3. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2012
    Here & Now

4. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia
    Never heard of the dude, googled him
    A song called “gods plan” came up,
    he seems a generous fellow, cos he’s giving away wads of cash to poor folks in the video.
    Unfortunately he’s not so flash or generous with his chords and harmonic detail.
    the song has two chords A-9/B-7.

5. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    In which case, I have never been so far removed from liking what's popular as right now. Can't say I care as several billion flies each excrement - but that doesn't mean we all should :twisted:

6. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    August 20, 1969, was the last time the four Beatles were together in the recording studio. I was three. And I'm old.

Thank goodness the younger folk aren't listening to crap from FIFTY years ago. It'd be like boomers listening to stuff from the '10s and '20s, back in the 60s. It would mean that music has been dead all this time (which, luckily, is not the case)

I've heard a little Drake. It's okay, but not really for me. And I'm cool with that- I'm old

King Creole likes this.
  7. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    If those fans had to trek out to a record store and buy the 45 I wonder how many of them would? The ease with which music can be purchased these days has a LOT to do with how much music is purchased IMO.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  8. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I had to look up the Drake band, and then found out it is not a band.
    Never heard of them(him). Another one of those from a previous thread,
    more of an artist, street poet, than a musician.

9. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    The Drake thing is fair enough, sales is sales, it's quite an achievement, but this? This is just crazy.

10. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Holic

Jul 26, 2010
    Louisville,KY
    Amen to that.

Gunny likes this.
  11. I agree totally. I'm from Toronto and perhaps should be supportive of Drake but from day 1, never understood the attraction to his work. He's a good promoter and supporter of the city and its sports teams...but the vocal deliveries have me reaching rapidly for the station dial on the car radio. Actually, I don't listen to radio stations that have any music of his genre. As a lifelong Beatles lover, I never imagined it would be Drake or any Rap 'music' that would eclipse the Fab Four.

JBFatFingers likes this.
  12. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Drake's Billboard dominance only means that nothing else RIGHT NOW is selling as well as his stuff. He hasn't eclipsed the Fab Four. He hasn't knocked the Beatles off the charts. The Top 100 charts compare current music, not new music to old music. Some of you guys are acting as if Drake is competing directly with The Beatles for music sales.

When Arianda Grande was at #1, was anyone comparing her to when The Rolling Stones were at #1?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    2 Headed Goat likes this.
  13. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I wonder if everyone here is as fascinated by my opinion on this statistic as I am of theirs?:eek::D:)

kelnet likes this.
  14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I bet you are more interested in how fascinated I am on how fixated you are on that statistic than I am concerned about how attentive you are on how curious I am about that statistic. Unless it is the other way round.

15. william tele

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Let me be clear. I have no, nor have ever had a statistical fixation. I was even voted "least likely to be statistically fixated" in my junior high school. On the other hand, I've seen your posts full of charts, graphs and quotes. If anyone has a statistical fixation I would suggest it's not me..."Physician...heal thyself!"

16. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    1.) Remember when the greatest example yet of the “on-going marketing machine known as The Beatles” - the “1” album came out ? 18 years ago. The youngest people to buy that are on their 2nd kid now.

2.) Ariana Grande and the Stones ? The only thing I know about that is that I’m sure Mick would love to have her do the “rape/murder” part on Gimme Shelter like so many others like GaGa have done.

kelnet likes this.
  17. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

18. william tele

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Drake is wearing a down jacket...heh, heh, heh...

waparker4 likes this.
  19. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2012
    Norton, Ohio
    When I was a kid, fortunately I had parents that had very different tastes in music and it got into my head. So I was lucky to hear the music of the 30's and 40's. Finally I started digging into the 20's and even earlier music and it all amazed me, as to what was popular in those eras. Consequently, I learned to like this stuff because it showed how music progresses and trends. Somehow I do not find a lot of today's music as interesting.

20. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    ”Drake Beats Beatles' Billboard Record”

Now I won’t sleep till Sir Ringo’s next birthday

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.