Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Domino’s Pizza: Meeting the needs of people who don’t actually have those needs

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Oct 11, 2018.

1. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I suppose you want cloth napery and silverware, too.

The proper way to eat pizza is a huge fresh slice on a NYC sidewalk. :)

nojazzhere, awasson and 1293 like this.

2. Grant Austin

Grant Austin Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2016
    Portland, OR
    If there is a kitchen, it ain’t pizza. Handed over a counter on a paper plate. That’s the true path.

Mike Eskimo and moosie like this.

3. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    Only drummers eat something on a sidewalk. :p

Toto'sDad, Wildcard_35 and moosie like this.

4. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    If I could order a pizza and have it be the reason the potholes in my street got fixed, I'd do it tonight. It could even be a salt lick like most delivery pizza.

5. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    Sorry kid, there is no real pizza west of the Hudson River. Wonder Bread, ketchup and Cheez Whiz just doesn't cut it. :lol: (Just kidding, give me a break. I'm sure there is good pizza somewhere west of New Jersey. There has to be. )

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 12:37 AM
    Joe Sailor likes this.

6. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Yeah, you're kidding about kidding, I know. Justified, too. Don't get me started on the stuff my wife's family served me in Illinois on my first 'meet the family' trip. Surprised that wasn't a showstopper right there :lol:

7. harold h

harold h Friend of Leo's

Feb 15, 2004

Little Billy (while crying): Grandpa, what happened to Grandma?

Grandpa: Billy, this is hard to say, but Grandma died in a car accident. She swerved
    to avoid a load of asphalt that came pouring out of the back of a pizza truck. :D

nojazzhere and Wildcard_35 like this.

8. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    If you do happen drop your pizza, the cheese will slide off onto the cardboard, and then you can eat that. Really no different from what the cheese started on...

9. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Yet, somehow the best pizza in the country wound up in Phoenix...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzeria_Bianco#Reviews

10. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2009
    Central Missouri
    I've questioned their paving of pot holes to be real or not. I don't see it as a very good advertisement. I've never seen a domino's dump truck.

I think I understand the hotspot angle. They're trying to make it easier to order pizza any where you might be, not just at home. I see that working for younger or out n about folks.

I don't mind our local domino's. Its hot and its fresh. Nobody delivers until 1:00am like they do.

11. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I have dropped a pizza at my front door... after driving 50 miles with it... yes, it came out of the cardboard... yes it made a mess... I was super bummed.

12. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I was a pizza delivery guy in my late teens. Also a cook. Pinocchio's Pizza. But when the chance came to get out of the kitchen for a bit... I knew every back road, I had timed every traffic light, I instantly knew the difference between Bonnet Lane and Bonnet Drive, and I knew where all the cops parked. I was a madman in my little VW bug.

Lots of stories came from those days. A couple that come to mind: a patch of black ice where a spring crossed the road, on a curve, and next thing I know the underdash aftermarket stereo lights are sideways, and above me, and the stick shift is pointing at my head. And there's pizza *everywhere*. No cell phones of course, so I limped to the nearest house, called the shop, and literally within twenty minutes, the boyz arrive in a beater Chevy Impala with blown shocks. We all get on one side and lift, the the Bug goes right back up on it's feet. Gotta love those little cars. They loaded me up with all the orders that they'd somehow remade in that short time, and off I went, zoom zoom.

Different night, but could have been the same... snow on the ground this time. I do what will decades later be known as the Domino Roll - basically falling on my face on the unshoveled walk, right in front of the door. The pizza goes flying, but it's OK! I dust it off, and quickly ring the bell as if nothing had happened. They open the door, and I'm grinning like an idiot, hoping for a big tip. The guy frowns, and I see that I'm holding the pizza upside down... Oh well, nice try.

Zoom zoom... :)

nojazzhere and Wildcard_35 like this.

13. Grant Austin

Grant Austin Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2016
    Portland, OR
    How mad does St Louis style pizza make you?

Geneva conventions be damned!

14. tpaul

tpaul Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 18, 2003
    Vermont
    Did you pick it up, dust it off and eat it?

I think the hotspot delivery thing might make sense if I really wanted Domino's pizza. There's a Domino's about 30 minutes from my house. They don't deliver this far. So I suppose I could drive halfway, and have them meet me at the coffee shop with it.

Of course, that supposes that I would want Domino's pizza.

nojazzhere likes this.

15. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    So would that be considered delivery, or take home?

16. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I never met a pizza I didn’t like.
    I’m the Will Rogers of pizza.
    Thanks for listening.

kuvash, chezdeluxe, Mouth and 4 others like this.

17. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I live on Long Island where even bad local pizza shop pizza in walking distance from high schools is better than Dominos and no one lives more than 5 miles from great pizza. There are Dominos scattered about even here. I don’t get it. I’ve never seen anyone actually enter a Dominos. Is the entire business home delivery?

Joe Sailor likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.