Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Domino’s Pizza: Meeting the needs of people who don’t actually have those needs

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Oct 11, 2018.

1. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    They’ll replace your pizza for free, if you do carry out, but you drop your pizza on the way back home.

Very kind, but that’s never happened to me, ever. I’m not convinced that’s much of a thing, at least not enough to make a national ad campaign about it.

Also, they now have delivery “hot spots” where you can go to, and have them deliver your pizza there... ...rather than where you were before you walked to this deliver hot spot?

That one, I don’t get. Unless you live in such a shady/dangerous neighborhood that Domino’s refuses to deliver to your house... but if that’s they case, you’re probably not feeling good about getting out and walking to their deliver hot spot either.

What am I missing?

(I know I don’t have to ask that - you guys will tell me anyway.)

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Well, they also have a deal where when you order a pizza, they bring you cat vomit on an oily rag tossed in a moist box.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  3. TheGoodTexan

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah, I don’t get that one either.

Steve Holt, Toto'sDad and nojazzhere like this.
  4. brokenbones

brokenbones Tele-Meister

Mar 15, 2012
    Indy
    Didn't they have a commercial talking about how they were paving streets?

5. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

Most millinials can’t afford a house or even rent and simply live where they get a good WiFi signal to social media with people they wouldn’t talk to in person. Dominos delivers the pizza near these wifi hotspots that attract millinials like a lamp attracts mosquitos. The pizza is delivered to them, it’s already paid for and the millinial does not need even acknowledge the delivery person who is on their own phone sending selfies to their social media audience.

6. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2011
    Longmont, CO
    My daughter and her friends had a pizza delivered to their High School at lunchtime a couple of weeks ago.

7. Grant Austin

Grant Austin Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Probably for Amazon employees that can’t afford to put a roof over their head.

This isn’t hyperbole. I have a friend who is on a 6 month contract at Amazon in a technical role and is living in a park near his office. He is a responsible dude, but would need a hot spot if he were to order pizza. (He wouldn’t. He has both taste buds and eats vegetarian.)

Also, he is in his late 50s, so not a millennial y’all would conveniently look down on.

cnlbb, bottlenecker, Larry F and 3 others like this.
  8. TheGoodTexan

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Was their teacher Mr. Hand?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    3fngrs, Wildcard_35, awasson and 3 others like this.
  9. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    The hot spot delivery...I think you nailed it with the neighborhood. As politically incorrect as it is to go with the statistics, if there's a high crime neighborhood I don't want to worry about the odds...

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  10. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
  11. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I've been up in the woods for almost 22 years. This whole issue is fascinating.

The times they are a changin':

12. 1293

May 18, 2006

Make your own. This slice is from a 20" pie that cost me $3 to make:

20180607_200224.jpg

13. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Do you deliver to my house?

Wildcard_35, Piggy Stu and tele12 like this.
  14. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Yup, that is what we do and nothing better than a homemade pizza coming out of a wood cook stove.:cool:

However, I am sorta looking forward to drone pizza delivery up here. It'll be like easy clay pigeons.:twisted:

Toto'sDad, Wildcard_35 and nojazzhere like this.
  15. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I got a coupon for that one.

Piggy Stu likes this.
  16. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    I always thought the hot spot thing was so pizza could be delivered at the beach, in a park, etc.

stratoman1, soulgeezer and sean79 like this.
  17. 1293

May 18, 2006
    When we got tired of our Cox planes, we blew them out of the air with shotguns. The Tonka trucks went out in a blaze of glory.

Obsessed likes this.
  18. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    The proper way to eat pizza is in a restaurant. Sit down with a friend or two, start with a carafe of wine, order a pie and wait for it to come out of the kitchen.

kuvash, Toto'sDad, Doctorx33 and 3 others like this.
  19. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    This is it right here.

20. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    And some of you youngsters can scoff.....but a few of us didn't grow up with a MacDonald's or Subway on every block.....no Domino's or Pizza Hut either. My first experience with pizza was when I was ten or eleven. My family had gone out to eat dinner (a rarity in itself) at an old-fashioned Italian restaurant....red and white checked tablecloths, candles in old chianti bottles, and singing waiters. My dad let me order for myself (after all, I was almost grown) and I spotted something unfamiliar on the menu....."Pizza Pie"......well, I LOVED pie, (apple, cherry, blueberry, etc) and I asked if I could have that. I was served my own cheese pizza, and I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. To y'all who've grown up with pizza, you can have NO idea what an amazing experience your first pizza can be. To this day, if I had to choose only one food for the rest of my life, it would be pizza.....even the NAME is fun......;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.