Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Doh! A Little help with Junior speaker change?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by cowboy rob61, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Hi folks, wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the DIY section.

Anyway, I'm trying out a different speaker in my Blues Junior. I've got the Jensen out, but I can't get those connectors off the terminals. Hope I've used the right terminology. Tried wiggling but it makes my hips sore. But seriously, can't get them off, is there something I'm missing? If I pull any harder somethings gonna break!

Any advice much appreciated.

2. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Jul 3, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN.
    You just have to keep working them until they give up.Try working it with a small screwdriver between the connector and the blade.

3. Thanks man, I guess it's a case of common sense. I was just worried I was missing something and was gonna break something. I'll get back to it, and I'll get there.

Thanks man.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Jul 3, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN.
    Your welcome, just take your time and be careful. I had the same problem with my BJr. when I switched out the speaker. They can be on really tight.

6. The Quasar-Kid

The Quasar-Kid Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2011
    Seattle
    Hey Guys: BUMP thread

Question:
    I'm considering swapping out my Blues Jr. 1x12 speaker with something else
    The Blue Celestion alnico seems cool (but it's $250) That just seems crazy high

Any thoughts on which way to go

7. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Jul 3, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN.
    The Eminence Cannabis Rex sounds great in a BJr. but not if you want it to break up earlier.

8. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2003
    Harmony, R.I.
    I'll second that.

Alnico speakers will be more expensive than ceramic.

9. The Quasar-Kid

The Quasar-Kid Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2011
    Seattle
    Okay,
    Thanks for that information
    But what I've noticed and come to subtly dislike is my solo high notes seem to have some clarity loss

Now of course I'm comparing this to my Super Sonic head and a 2x12 cab with celstions
    But there's got to be a "perfect" Blues Jr. Rock speaker driver unit - a single 12 inch replacement speaker that will do the job for this practice amp - the speaker in the Blues Jr. says its a Fender

10. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    [​IMG]
    Mine came stock with an Eminence "Wizard" speaker. It has more "Umph!" than the stock speaker and really "Round" out the highs. Just my opinion:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.