Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Does the Zoom G1on Play Well with Others?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by The_Doctor [EV], Oct 12, 2017.

1. The_Doctor [EV]

The_Doctor [EV] Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2014
    Virginia
    Birthday coming up, looking around at cheap options people may reasonably purchase as gifts or similar, and I came across the Zoom G1on in browsing Amazon.

Basically, I've got my dirt figured out to my satisfaction, and a delay pedal I like, so I'm mulling over the Zoom as a modulation box plus looper.

When I had a Zoom G5, it was about the only looper I REALLY got along with because it quantized your recordings to match its drum machine; if this little box can do that PLUS give me some good modulation options? That would seem hugely useful.

Does anybody use one of these small multi-effects in their rig in a similar way? Seems a viable option? $50 seems tempting enough to make me get over my distaste of preset-based multi-effects.

Oh, and just as an aside, the Biyang Baby Boom compressor is still the ideal choice for a budget Dynacomp-style thing, yeah? Also considering one of those.

2. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

I have one and keep it at work for lunch time jams.
    Once I figured out to leave the drum level alone and adjust the guitar to match I was good to go.
    Once I choose the drum pattern the pedal sets the loop and just overdub as you need

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017

3. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    I don't use the G1on, but I do use a G3 on my pedal board for all of my modulation and delay needs. It gets along fine with my overdrives, boost and compressor. I do need to run it on it's own power supply.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.