Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Does anybody have a guitar that is absolutely perfect in every way?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ladave, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Equus

Equus TDPRI Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Indiana
    A couple of years ago I bought a very lightly used Martin D15M for a extremely good price, and it is as perfect as can be found in a guitar.

Easy to play
    Sounds great
    Aroma therapy with every strum.

It's not going anywhere.

2. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    It's perfect now, but it didn't come that way.

[​IMG]

ladave likes this.

3. Johnson johnson

Johnson johnson Tele-Holic

Dec 30, 2016
    Memphis
    My Kirn Barnbuster, I seriously didn't even want to change the strings...

ladave likes this.

4. Knowcaster

Knowcaster Tele-Meister

Jun 30, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nope. I currently own 4 electrics, all of which are good, but not perfect.
    • SG Standard - great, except doesn't stay in tune as well as I would like ( I probably could get that fixed)
    • Tele partscaster - the only thing I don't like about it is its weight, just a shade over 9 pounds. If it was a couple of pounds lighter I might consider it to be "perfect"
    • Strat partscaster - I dunno, it's fine I guess, but other than the position 2 and 4 setting, I like the Tele better for single coil tones.
    • Carvin DC-150 from the 80s - very versatile, but kind of "meh". Kind of the Toyota Camry of guitars (I hope I did not offend any Camry owners)
    If you have a perfect guitar to sell, let me know.;)

ladave likes this.

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    image.jpeg image.jpeg My James Goodall RCJC is perfect for me.
    The first picture is of the great Chris Reeves showing my guitar a thing or two.
    I absolutely love this guitar!

ladave and Muku like this.

6. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jul 17, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    The more I study and learn about the guitar, the more I notice little imperfections in the geometry of my guitar.s String spacing at the nut and bridge, how the strings line up with the neck, the neck relief from one side of the fretboard to the other, uneven frets, and the neck angle are the issues. I can find fault somewhere in all of mine. But it doesn't mean that they sound bad.

ladave likes this.

7. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    Yep, 3 actually, and they’re all PRS.

IMG_1772.JPG

The Mira, the SE Custom, and the Korina One.

ladave and 3-Chord-Genius like this.

8. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    Yeah, I don't think I know anybody with a PRS who has modified it in any way.

ladave likes this.

9. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    I did put a volume knob on the One that goes to eleven, because it does...

ladave likes this.

10. Sunnyd_lite

Sunnyd_lite TDPRI Member

Jan 31, 2017
    So Cal
    Both of my guitars are stock. If I hadn't liked them as they are stock, I wouldn't have bought them in the first place :p

ladave likes this.

11. 6stringcowboy

6stringcowboy Tele-Afflicted

Still in the honeymoon phase with my Gretsch CVT but so far, I love everything about it!

ETA: Forgot my Seagull S6+, only thing that's ever been changed are the strings and it is superb.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    ladave likes this.

12. The Angry Possum

The Angry Possum TDPRI Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Staten Island NY
    My 1985 Ibanez MIJ Roadstar II. Japan made some great guitars in the 70s and 80s.

beagle likes this.

13. chiefline

chiefline Tele-Holic

Mar 18, 2014
    new jersey
    I was going to say no because i’ve modded every electric guitar i ever bought but then I realized i have that Martin acoustic that I wouldn’t change a thing on so yeah i guess i do have a perfect guitar

ladave, The Angry Possum and Equus like this.

14. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    My two most expensive guitars. An Eastman E10P parlor guitar and my 4 month old National reso. Both are as they came. Absolutely nothing has been changed. My Eastman still has it's original D'Addarios from 3 or 4 years ago. All of my other guitars have been modded one way or the other and my Sheraton II has about as many mods that can be done to a guitar short of body/neck mods.

ladave likes this.

15. beagle

beagle Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2010
    Yorkshire
    My 1995 MIJ ST54. The only thing I've changed in 21 years are the strings.

ladave likes this.

16. Mr Green Genes

Mr Green Genes Tele-Afflicted

Feb 23, 2016
    MI

These days, I think I have almost as much fun making little tweaks to my instruments as I do playing them.

Without getting into the metaphysics, I believe that the more of your own energy you put into your instrument, the more it becomes an extension of yourself.

In my opinion, a guitar that I would not change a single thing on would be decidedly imperfect.

ladave likes this.

17. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    As it came to me, yes. The MJT/MIJ Fender parts caster I picked up a couple of weeks ago is perfect in every way for me.

ladave likes this.

18. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    My 2011 Gibson LP Tribute.Amazing guitar for very very little money.Perfect in every way from the factory.

[​IMG]

My 2005 Fender 8502 Telecaster ,definitely the best FENDER tele I have ever played/owned (and I have owned literally hundreds)
    Only thing I have changed is the pickguard cause I don't like black pickguards

[​IMG]

ladave likes this.

19. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    My Gibson Midtown fits the bill even with the oft derided G force tuners.Always works for me. .Came with a perfect low action set up straight from the case.

ladave likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.