Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Does anybody else’s wife...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Cazualwhiteguy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

Aug 11, 2014
    Ohio
  2. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Meister

Feb 6, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yeah, there are many days I rush to get to the mailbox first.

richey88, knockeduptele and awasson like this.
  3. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin
    But she's only tellin' the truth, right? :D

chiefline and Badger06 like this.
  4. PastorJay

PastorJay Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2014
    California
    About 12 years ago I decided to learn to play mandolin. My late wife told me I couldn't get a mandolin--I wasn't even sure how many guitars I owned, and I didn't play some of them.

Then she bought me a mandolin for Christmas.

A couple years later she gave me a guitar pick and a strap for Christmas--told me to go out and buy a nice acoustic to go with them.

Later she talked me into trading up from an Epiphone that I wasn't using for a Gibson LP Special that I would play more. It's my main electric these days.

She also bought me a better mandolin for her birthday a couple years later. And talked me into buying a Mesa TA-15 amp, plus getting the Mesa speaker cab.

I'm currently dating a woman who also bought guitars as presents for her late husband.

5. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Lucky devil as well. Don’t get me wrong, she is a gem. I don’t buy stuff that will jeopardize our situation and she loves my music as well as giving me sh*t but I never hear the end of gear purchase crapola...oy. Never get musical gifts (I returned the only one in 16 years as it was not my style, never hear the end of that either). Love, live and deal with it

6. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Vancouver, BC
    Short answer to the OP question is... no way!!

T-Bone describes my situation perfectly:

deytookerjaabs and Badger06 like this.
  7. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2015
    Nashville
    M'Lady is the child of an even nastier lady, a real battle axe and it's in her genes. No purchase, not even necessities is safe from criticism when she's got the chip on her shoulder. Nothing is safe. She's so nasty even the birth control pills somehow wouldn't stay in her system!

I took one for the team and you all should thank me..

stevemc, richey88 and chiefline like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.