Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Does anybody else’s wife...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Cazualwhiteguy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2018
    Chino Hills CA
    My wife is always encouraging when I consider new gear. She actually got me motivated to turn a spare bedroom into my guitar room.

stevemc, awasson and Cazualwhiteguy like this.

2. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Tele-Meister

Aug 28, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    I'd say your wife and my wife are 180 degrees apart. I would tell you what gets my wife excited, but I don't really know!

My FIL made himself sacrificial (went to work as a single income and pitched every penny to the household and sat idle - no hobby other than concentrating on how not to spend money - it literally is a thrill for him). Because he's got no hobbies, he is on standby 100% of the time - to the point where his near sainthood is no longer appreciated, it's just taken for granted.

I don't have the same interests!

3. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    Idahoastan
    When I saw the closet classic 69 non reverb Princeton for a steal on consignment my wife said do it!.....love that amp and her even more.

Jim622, awasson and Cazualwhiteguy like this.

4. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Well, I think this is why my wife encourages me to buy a guitar or musical accessory if I reallly want it. I don’t go nuts and fill every room with gear and all of the guitars are on hangers and kept dust free because I play every one of them. If I don’t play it, it gets sold or given away.

El Tele Lobo and ce24 like this.

5. djh22

djh22 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jan 12, 2012
    VA
    Keep 'em both!

6. Cazualwhiteguy

Cazualwhiteguy Tele-Meister

Feb 21, 2017
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks for all the replies guys, can’t wait to get home and get to know her a little better tonight! They’re both keepers :D

El Tele Lobo likes this.

7. Cazualwhiteguy

Feb 21, 2017
    Minneapolis, MN
    These things are HUGE for a 15w combo too! Gonna need to be creative to find a spot for this guy.. amp real estate is rather scarce over here.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

8. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You're 26.

Just wait.

Tony474 and Andy B like this.

9. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    wow thats great!

My wife has never, ever said NO.

(to any guitar or amp purchase)

calm down boys.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

10. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Lucky devil. I have to preface every (announced) gear purch with “baby don’t kill me”. She gets over it but she doesn’t understand the power of GAS!!

El Tele Lobo likes this.

11. knockeduptele

knockeduptele Tele-Meister

Dec 15, 2017
    London
    I got up to 9 Guitars in the Lounge, after that I had to start hiding them........

12. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana

13. Cazualwhiteguy

Feb 21, 2017
    Minneapolis, MN
    Just spent a couple hours with a Nash T52 through it and I’m loving it.. it has a wonderful growl all its own. Gonna be a lot of fun!

El Tele Lobo likes this.

14. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    move them from cases to wall hangers and stands..rotate the guitars on a daily basis..keeps the confusion level up...wiife calls them by color and what song they are used on..so about 5 are officially accounted for with me and my wife..lol..its the amps that get the most attention..they take up the space...also when family comes over..all stacks must be put into the hallway...LR gets cleared about 4 times a year

knockeduptele likes this.

15. knockeduptele

knockeduptele Tele-Meister

Dec 15, 2017
    London
    My solution was slightly different - move on to partscasters as they go out to the shed in little boxes part by part sometimes even in a bag and as long as you dont bring em all back to the house in one go and keep circulating them it will be ok - tell me im right someone

El Tele Lobo and bftfender like this.

16. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    nice ..your right !!

El Tele Lobo likes this.

17. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2012
    Nebraska
    Enjoy your new amp, and the great lady who bought if for you.
    My wife gives me no grief about my guitars, amps, etc. She knows it is an important part of my life. In fact, my wife gives me no grief of any kind. Were just a couple of weeks away from our 21st year together, and still no complaints.

18. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    My wife? An AC15?

No way. The neighbors would kill both of us.

19. chiefline

chiefline Tele-Holic

Mar 18, 2014
    new jersey
    Once when we were fighting the wife blurts out- And you keep playing that stupid guitar like you want to be 17 again- Yeah I don’t see any amps as presents in my house

20. Redheadlvr

Redheadlvr TDPRI Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Greer,SC
    You've got a fantastic wife. Like me. But...I get the "you can't play but one at a time so why have more than one". Plus she's tone deaf and can't tell the difference between my electrics.
    Same with my bows. "You can't shoot more than one at a time". She asked me one day how many I have (bows). Answered "14". That went over REAL good. There's 5 guitars in the house. One is a new to me Tele. It's hidden behind my 3 Strats.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.