Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Does anybody else’s wife...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Cazualwhiteguy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Mine too!

Back in January she noticed me looking at a very specific model of Stratocaster. Not $2300 but a few bills anyway. One day she asked me if I was going to buy it to which I said I don’t know but I sure do like the looks of it. She said, well, you’ve been working really hard so why don’t you just go and buy it? Wow :cool:

2. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    That’s really nice. What a cool gift.

My wife loves to sit and hear me play anything on guitar. She’ll say “what song was that?” when I’m just making stuff up. Last week she said she’d like a recording of me just noodling around like that so she could listen to it when I’m gone. I gave her the right romantic reply: “Guess you need a Zoom!” I did make her a bunch of CDs years ago when I had time to record. She also bought me my first Stratocaster, about 40 years ago. She’s my biggest fan, and maybe it’s because I was learning “Desperado” for her when we got married.

Yes, she’s a winner. It’s always good to hear of other guys who have winners around. Hang on to her, and that ain’t always a cake walk.

3. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    That’s really nice. What a cool gift.

My wife loves to sit and hear me play anything on guitar. She’ll say “what song was that?” when I’m just making stuff up. Last week she said she’d like a recording of me just noodling around like that so she could listen to it when I’m gone. I gave her the right romantic reply: “Guess you need a Zoom!” I did make her a bunch of CDs years ago when I had time to record. She also bought me my first Stratocaster, about 40 years ago. She’s my biggest fan, and maybe it’s because I was learning “Desperado” for her when we got married.

Yes, she’s a winner. It’s always good to hear of other guys who have winners around. Hang on to her, and that ain’t always a cake walk.

stevemc and jannodude like this.

4. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

Aug 11, 2014
    Ohio
    I’ve been through 3 wives and none of them would have done this

5. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Nice OP! My wife took me to GC to buy an acoustic! She also liked the look and sound which made it a bonus.

6. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Jan 23, 2007
    Denmark
    My wife never buys me gear
    But , if Im interested in something , she goes with me , and if its a far drive she never hesitates to suggest we book a room and make a weekend trip out of it together

7. Andy B

Andy B Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 16, 2003
    Colorado
    My wife and I both play so equipment is never an issue. Whenever I bring something home or build another project, if she’s interested she will ask me if it is for her. My wife is a moderator on the Fender Guitar and Amp Facebook page. After all these years she has become quite the gearhead!

8. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    Some of you guys are pretty lucky! I’m on the “one in, one out” plan. Whenever I bring something new in, the first question is, “so, what are you getting rid of.”

deytookerjaabs likes this.

9. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Where did you guys find those women??? I've had to go through the operation "sneak into man cave" so many times... Buying guitars is easy, but finding a woman that allows a guy to do it... gold dust.... :oops:

10. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

11. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Meister

Dec 10, 2017
    Tokyo, Japan
    Same.

To be fair, to her it is a valid question.

And to be doubly fair, I'm kinda of the same mind when it comes to guitars / equipment that is basically the same. Some days I think a Tele with a humbucker in the neck position would be cool, and then I just go "Nuh, you've got a Les Paul, close enough."

But anyway, congrats on the nice amp. And wife.

Pax/
    Dean

El Tele Lobo and awasson like this.

12. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Sep 2, 2016
    Houston, TX
    Don’t ever let that one go!

13. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    No. My wife tells me we're spending $2K to bring the Bulgarian Olympic Rhythmic Gymnastics coach to stay with us for a week (again) to train our daughter. She does pretty much turn a blind eye to whatever I drag home though because she knows I'll make money when I get tired of it after a week.

14. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Holic

Apr 1, 2011
    Far N.E. Philadelphia
    Let’s see - she got me a MIM 72 Thineline RI. Another time a Tech 21 TM-60.
    She pretty much let me get what I want, because i stay hame instead of doing the bar thing.

15. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    Never happens around here. My wife hates my guitar playing and works to discourage it often. She's a fan of EDM for the most part.

Zeonoid likes this.

16. Les Paul lover

Les Paul lover Tele-Meister

Aug 20, 2017
    England
    Don't lose hope.

May be the 4th will.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

17. Zeonoid

Zeonoid Tele-Meister

Dec 17, 2008
    Slovakia, EU
    you guys are happy mofos ..my wife has no musical understanding at all .. but she s keeper anyway cause she is the hottest dancer

18. stratman54

stratman54 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2016
    US
    Yup, mine too!

19. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    You got a good amp, or a good wife? :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, though, great catch.

El Tele Lobo and Cazualwhiteguy like this.

20. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    Wow, she must have bought some serious shoes.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.