Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Do you own a cowboy hat?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gitold, Oct 12, 2017.

Do you own a cowboy hat?

1. Yes

54.7%
  2. No

45.3%
  1. Bruxist

Bruxist Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    Technically, yes. It was my father in law's and is is my kids dress-up box.

I have owned some before. The last one I gave away because it didn't fit anymore after I started shaving my head.

2. johnny k

johnny k Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2011
    France
    kind of. Cheapest i could find and i bought 5 or 6 of them, so that i can lose some, sit on some, lose some... just like cheap sunglasses.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Never in my life has putting on a cowboy hat kept me from swearing.;)

MonkeyJefferson likes this.

4. rickthescot

rickthescot Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2011
    Texas
    Couple Stetson, an Atwood and well just few more. I also wear them regularly which is common 'round these parts.

5. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    When did you sell the car and are you still crying about it?

6. tery

tery Friend of Leo's

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    You just can't walk around in Nashville without one ... the fans don't take you seriously .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    OlRedNeckHippy likes this.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Well, you looked pretty good in it back then. Usually though them cowboys is ridin' a little different horse, but hey, if it works.

DonM likes this.

8. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

I have a decent straw one that I use at the beach, doing yard work, or horse riding as sun protection.

9. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    There was a time when I wore a hat, had a favorite Stetson, but I wore it fishing one time when four of us got drunk and went fishing up at Lake Isabella. We got way out in the lake in that dingy with a 7 hp motor, and the wind came up, the sirens blew to get off the lake, and we were pointed into the wind to keep from capsizing and going NOWHERE. The patrol boat happened to come by, saw our predicament and gave us a tow in. We were in the patrol boat, and they were chewing us out, when my hat blew off in the water. One of rangers said, here let me get that for you. He took a pike/gaff thingy and poked it right through my hat swung it up out of the water and said here ya go.

My normal, and almost exclusive attire of cargoes and tees on first though are not suited to a cowboy hat, but upon reflection, I'm thinking a pair of cowboys boots and a ten gallon hat might spice up my outfit nicely.

Obsessed likes this.

10. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I do have a couple of panama hats, and a fedora I wear to the golf course once in a while. I've owned a few cowboy hats over the years, but I ain't now nor have ever been a cowboy, and when I put one of them lids on, it made me feel like if you looked up poser in the dictionary they would probably have my pic as an illustration. When I had occasion to ride horses during my years of hunting hounds, I was very careful to wear a ball cap just so me and the horse both understood where we were at in that deal.

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Now I'm thinkin cowboy hats is jes what y'all need!

Obsessed likes this.

12. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    In the 20 years I've had it, I've only worn it a handful of times because, everytime I do, some jackoff who has no problem with treating me like a 5-year-old playing dress-up says, "Howdy, pardner."
    Now I only wear it in the rain.
    I encounter fewer people and the hat must look less out of place in Pennsylvania.

OlRedNeckHippy likes this.

13. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Agree with this. I play in a country/rockabilly/western swing band and I try to sway my outfit to look a little more appropriate for those styles of music but a cowboy hat would be too over the top. This is still Chicago after all.

14. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'm thinkin' this look might look pretty good on me, ifn' I was in the cowboy hat business. Them depends is right snappy lookin'.

[​IMG]

Obsessed, tery and jimash like this.

15. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Errrrrr....no thanks! Nothing against cowboys (the proper ones, not the dodgy tradesmen version) but I'm not one and I'm not about to start dressing as one. I wouldn't mind a nice pair of wide-fitting and comfy Cuban-heeled boots, though.....:confused:

16. 41144

41144 Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2017
    West Midalnds, GB
    In answer to the original question ... No ... and, of course, why would I!

However, seeing bigbean's comment ... as a kid all I ever wanted to be was the Lone Ranger and remember seeing, albeit fleetingly, Clayton Moore over here in full regalia promoting a film, quite probably The Lone Ranger and the lost city of gold ... though I'd only have been 5 or 6 at the time.

Needless to say, I never did become the Lone Ranger II (Damn that Johnny Depp!) and these days feel more affinity for Tonto anyway :)
    Did Trigger really get stuffed?

DonM, OlRedNeckHippy and Toto'sDad like this.

17. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    I’m thinking about joining the Les Paul forum just to pose this same poll. Think there would be a lot less cowboy hats? I’m sure there would be on a Ibanez forum.

outbreak, Obsessed and tery like this.

18. Tdel10

Tdel10 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2016
    Wheeling WV
    No but I'd like to. Are you giving them away?:D

19. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Still, I would have thought the split here would be less that 50% cowboy hat. Interesting.

20. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Yes he did I've seen him when the Roy Rodgers museum was near Victorville. I dunno, might have just as soon missed that little foray into the past. At least they didn't do that to Dale Evans. Uh, or maybe...

41144 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.