Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

do you guys ever collab virtually? (online etc)

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by xgritzx, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:56 AM.

1. xgritzx

xgritzx TDPRI Member

May 20, 2016
    northern VA
    I have a couple of friends in different cities who I collaborate on songs we record in garageband or whatever. do any of you guys write songs with other forum members or just friends from out of town? its not the same as an in person jam but its fun to be creative with friends you don't see anymore etc....but this seems like a good place for people to do it. lots of knowledge and lots of talent to be shared for sure. imagine writing a killer track with someone you have never even met. lol. anyway, I was just curious if anyone else does it.

EDIT: this should probably go in the recoding in progress forum that I failed to notice.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 2:58 PM
    Steve Ouimette likes this.

2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    ”do you guys ever collab virtually? (online etc)”

Wait a sec, isn’t this stuff sorta virtual? Elaborating on our collaboration

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 12:08 PM
    xgritzx likes this.

3. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Every day. About 40% of my business has moved over to ProTools Cloud Collaboration.

Manual Slim and xgritzx like this.

4. xgritzx

xgritzx TDPRI Member

May 20, 2016
    northern VA
    OH! that's super cool. I didn't even think about it from a commercial standpoint.

5. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Holic

Sep 14, 2016
    not houston
    xgritzx likes this.

6. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I don't currently do it, but would LOVE to participate in one.

7. xgritzx

xgritzx TDPRI Member

May 20, 2016
    northern VA
    that was fun to listen to! I would think this would be a good place for that kind of collaboration. I bet there are countless good players on here. id like to hear some of the fast country guys go at it. I'm fascinated by that style.

8. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    ok, what's the best way of making this happen?

xgritzx likes this.

9. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Holic

Mar 21, 2017
    Baltimore
    Long distance collaboration has been my only collaboration for thirteen years.

Edit:
    Not strictly true. I do record the occasional song with my wife. My ongoing “band” project is what I meant.

Johnson johnson and xgritzx like this.

10. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

Aug 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    99% of my collaboration is online. I use Dropbox and trade file since it varies from musician to musician and DAW to DAW. Kenny Aronoff is playing on several tracks for a video game with me next weekend. He's in LA, I'm in Scottsdale. Never had a single issue across the globe aside from poor engineering. The file side couldn't be easier.

xgritzx likes this.

11. xgritzx

xgritzx TDPRI Member

May 20, 2016
    northern VA
    I guess someone just needs to put together a backing track that people can download and then its just a matter of collecting the stems together. now making it sound good? that I don't know.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.