Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Do You Find It Strange....

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by PCollen, Jul 26, 2018.

1. PCollen

PCollen Tele-Afflicted

May 7, 2010
    Man of the World
    ...that in these TDPRI forums, you can Edit, and Like/Unlike posts, but you can't DELETE one of your own posts ? If I thought that, after posting THIS post, that it was a foolish waste of time and not wanted to bother others with even clicking on it....I can't delete it.

Kreepy, Owenmoney and nojazzhere like this.
  2. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    `
    I suppose you could remove what you just wrote, then replace it with "nevermind"...

`

3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    So, "People Are Strange" becomes "Nevermind".....Doors to Nirvana? Interesting.

Kreepy and skunqesh like this.
  4. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Holic

Oct 20, 2012
    Oley Pa
    I agree ! Some one was just asking about a case to fit teles and strats , and Ira7 I believe answered him with HUH right after someone already said all cases that fit strats also fit teles !
    I agree with Ira that it was already answered but it looked like I was thinking. Ira was dumb, which isn’t the case about the cases ! Lol

5. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
    I'm sure the admins could add a delete option if they wanted to.

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. PCollen

PCollen Tele-Afflicted

May 7, 2010
    Man of the World
    Which is exactly what I have done, in the past (you know )

7. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2010
    Fullerton CA
    I would hope the reason is so you are forced to *think* about what you're posting but I suspect it's mostly so you can't just flame someone and quickly delete because you're a total coward. Stand and deliver, take responsibility for your actions, stupid humans!

Owenmoney likes this.
  8. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
  9. suave eddie

suave eddie Tele-Afflicted

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
    It's a controversial topic over at TGP. There are some 'serial deleters' that tend to piss off some people. Sometimes there are very long threads with a lot of interesting back and forth, or perhaps valuable information or insights and the OP is able to flush the whole thing down the drain with a click. Many times an OP will simply delete an entire thread if public opinion seems to be going against his/her position and not getting the responses hoped for.

Owenmoney likes this.
  10. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    We've got a few guys who are master Ninja Editors. If they've started a squabble, or have been proven wrong, that Edit button gets quite a work out. You read trough a thread, and you wonder why everyone is all crazy. Then you notice that quoted passages don't appear in any of the OPs posts.

Makes for interesting reading.

11. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    You know that thing, where you make some leading, outrageous statement, then someone makes an equally outrageous polar-opposite statement, then you edit yours to sound totally reasonable, and the other person is left out there with their statement hanging out?

Yeah, I love that.

12. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    Its Hotel California .
    You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

nojazzhere and Kreepy like this.
  13. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    I don't want you to delete your stuff. I want to know exactry where it came from..........:mad:........:lol:

14. PCollen

PCollen Tele-Afflicted

May 7, 2010
    Man of the World
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................, nevermind.

tery likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.