Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Do they make old style bridge and saddles for lefty mex?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Gutterguy, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Gutterguy

Gutterguy TDPRI Member

Apr 20, 2017
    O-town
    if so where? Wanted the older look, more of cosmetics. Maybe sound better too. I have the late model bridge on my 2016.
    Thank you

2. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    Fender makes a vintage bridgeplate in a lefty (as far as I know) and the Fender Vintage saddles will work fine. Shouldn't cost you more than $30.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  3. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    Darren Riley's parts shop stocks the lefty plate. Just about everyone has the saddles in a multitude of designs, configurations, materials, etc.
    Here's the plate....

IMG_4886-300x264.jpg

4. Buttered Biskit

Buttered Biskit TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Barton, WI
    Aint the saddles the same as long as theyre not compensated?

Ira7 and Boiled_Strings like this.
  5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Right, but there's precious few reasons not to simply go ahead and buy the slightly compensated ones. Only the Lefty guys are inconvenienced, and they can steer around the problem by using a straight saddle for the location that still intonates all right with one. Or they can use the Stew Mac # 5167 since the barrel is not relieved on the backside and can be used in any of the 3 locations, lefty or righty.

By the way, Darren Riley is currently out of stock on those lefty AV52 style bridge plates. Allparts has some decent generic ones. Or a Lefty guy can use a Fender plate cut in half (lower half) and just body mount the bridge pickup as their did on the G E Smith model.

6. Buttered Biskit

Buttered Biskit TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Barton, WI
    I feel for you because I myself am a lefty however, I play right handed. The G.E. Smith set up with the body mount pup is really cool. I say go for it because it's reversible.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  7. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

May 6, 2012
    England
    You are going to have a job finding Fender bridges or bridge plates, Fender make it very hard for lefties to get parts nowadays.

They have discontinued so many parts for both Mex and US guitars. Believe me, I am continually searching for parts for my 6+ planned partscasters.

Right handers are, of course, spoilt for choice ..

8. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 4, 2005
    Williamsville NY
    A “lefty Mex” isn’t much to go on without making assumptions. What model do you have?

9. trahx

trahx Tele-Meister

Dec 30, 2004
    Timber Town USA
    Fellow lefty here, we just have to look a little harder. I've found lefty Tele parts including bridges and saddles on Reverb & flea-bay. If I'm not mistaken, the vintage bridge / saddles from a Squier Classic Vibe Tele will fit on a MIM Tele.

10. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Ever feel like a diabetic kid in a candy store when you go music shopping?, its the only way I can describe it

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.