Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

dimensions telecaster body

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by JK, Feb 25, 2004.

1. JK

JK NEW MEMBER!

Feb 25, 2004
    I'm planning on building my own telecaster. I don't have a template of the body and I don't have the exact dimensions. How can I get these?

Thankx

2. timgreene

timgreene Tele-Afflicted

Jul 9, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Ebay has them, for around 50.00

3. JK

JK NEW MEMBER!

Feb 25, 2004
    I know they have them on ebay. But I'm living in Europe so the shippingcost can get very high. I looking for a cheaper alternative.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Kevin

Kevin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Get blueprints from the Musical Instrument Makers Forum (www.mimf.com). They're about $15.

I'll tell you, though, by the time you buy those and the materials to make templates -- and THEN spend the time making the templates, you'll wish that you'd just bought the templates to start with.

6. PeterUK

PeterUK Friend of Leo's

Mar 4, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Try a set of plans

Don't know where you are in Europe, but these are available on eBay.co.uk.

<A HREF ="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3706715021&category=33039">Tele Plans on eBay.co.uk</a>

Hope this helps.

Peter

7. dj92

dj92 TDPRI Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Harbury Warks
    Telecaster body

Hi All,
    I have just found this excellent site and, as I have just retired I want to get back to making guitars as a hobby, I made them back in the 80's when I lived in Ireland but had them all stolen from me whilst in storage.
    I want to build an original based on the telecaster set up and I have traced all the parts I need on ebay except one thing.
    I am basing this guitar, for my son who plays in a C&W band, on the telecaster but with a few mods. I do not know anyone who has a tele so I wondered if one of you tele owing guys would do me a huge favour and draw around the outline of your tele and send me the outline drawing please?
    I would be more than willing to pay any costs involved, paper, postage etc.
    Hope to hear from someone soon with good news.
    Thanks for reading this and I just hope that someone will answer me.
    When it is finished I will post photos on the site for you all to see and pass comment on.

Many than:Dks,
    Derek.

8. dj92

dj92 TDPRI Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Harbury Warks
    Thanks Nick JD I found that yesterday and I am working on it.
    Regards.

9. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    You easiest solution to getting a pattern is to put the Terry Downs bluprint PDF on a flash drive and take it to a print shop and tell them to print it actual size. If you do that make sure you take some measurements to verify it is actual size before you pay for it. It helps to have a scale devided into 10ths of an inch.

The guitar outline portion of the drawing can be printed at home in four sections using an 8 1/2 x 11 printer. To do this use the Adobe Reader Snapshot Tool to crop the body into four overlapping quadrants. Print each quadrant actual size by setting Page Scaling to None when the print window opens. If you don't have a light table for taping the sections together, a window makes a good substitute.

Here's a direct link to the drawing.

http://terrydownsmusic.com/Archive/tele_body_drawing_revD.pdf

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.