Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Dillion Guitars?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Bob M, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Meister

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    OK, I've seen Scott Grove rave about these guitars and I stumbled on a local music store that I hadn't known about who had at least 30 Dillions in all flavors-Teles, Strats, Firebirds, Mostrites-Does anyone know about Dillions? Everything I looked at looked pretty good. All priced pretty much like Fender Mexico stuff. Interested in opinions, comments. I'd like a Firebird, but I sense it wouldn't be something I'd play a lot so I don't want to fork over big $$$ for one. I might consider a Dillion at $600.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
  3. Teledelphia

Teledelphia Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2008
    philadelphia
    The LP JR style Dillion pictured in the previous post IMO is the gold standard of the Dillion line. My local shop sells Dillion and they are just really nice playing and well put together guitars at a really good price. You can always upgrade the stock dogear P-90 for any high end booteek pu you want.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Meister

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    I kind of liked the Mosrite copy. Had the look and 2 p-90s.

lineboat likes this.
  6. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I played one of these at Music Go Round and I thought it was very nice. I think about it a lot. It was one of those guitars that was such a great value and such a nice guitar.....ya can't have them all but I'm telling you; really nice.

7. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Wasn't there a boutique line of acoustic guitars in the '80's called Dillion?

8. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

I had a Dillion Firebird copy. Nice guitar. I realized that Firebirds are really big guitars with the tendency to neck dive,
    so I flipped it. But it was a very well made guitar.

9. 8barlouie

8barlouie Tele-Afflicted

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    I've played a few. They're not bad. Good value. I just never felt compelled to pull the trigger since they're comparable to so many other guitars nowadays in their price range. Have you noticed? Not too many guitars suck anymore.

10. 8barlouie

8barlouie Tele-Afflicted

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    BTW, FWIW, everyone seems to pronounce the brand name like "Dylan".

11. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA area
    In case you're still looking for input- I have a Dillion 335 copy and I love it. Maybe it's just that the 335 style guitar is new to me, but I like it so much I've been playing it for both electric band and plugged-in coffeehouse gigs.

12. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I found a Dillion Tele in a pawn shop over the weekend, but it was very heavy, as if a plywood body. Is that correct?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.