Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

DigiTech Trio+ Band Creator, DigiTech SDrum and others

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by El Tele Lobo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
    Like VintageSG, I keep thinking Digitech will combine the features of the Trio+, JamMan and add some tools to make a comprehensive song building machine, but we're still waiting.

The Trio+ does have a count in feature on the sequencer. I build my songs on the Trio+ with a count in, record it on to my JamMan Stereo and then I can call it
    Up by program number up to 100 locations. Your led into each song with a four or three count in depending on time signatures. My best solution so far for live performance. Platefire

Richie-string and El Tele Lobo like this.

2. Richie-string

Richie-string Tele-Meister

Couldn't agree more guys. i have looked at quite a number of these units recently of varying price points in the different ranges and then watched a few videos on how easy (or not) they were to work with. It did seem that with quite a few the potential they had for music creation was immense but also quite a learning curve, and also everyone seemed to entail a a few compromises in their useage. So some of them looked good but then looked a bit of hassle to work effectively.

I couldn't really make up my mind what would be the best model. Whether to go with one of the more involved models and have that steep learning curve or get a simpler one and master the basics and then move up to something better.

3. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    The Trio+ count in feature could be implemented better. I want to set the count in and have it stay set!. As it stands, it's 'twiddle the knob to get the song, press and hold to get the count in'. Bah!. Humbug!.

Some tracks, it doesn't matter. Some, it's very useful. Some, it's the cliche of 'twiddly bit at slow pace, hang on the end note ONETWOTHREEFOUR! launch in to three chord thrash :) ' That count in is integral.
    I'd much prefer press and hold to set and have it stored, press and hold to forget. I really should dig the JamMan out, record it as a loop and set 'one-shot' playback. That's such a neat idea, plus it has a numeric display!. No more remembering which slot and part to select.

If Digitech added such features to a new, performance oriented Trio model, I'd beat their door down to get one.

4. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
    Yeah, I get you on count in. Some songs with extremely fast tempo, I prefer a two measure count in but the Trio+ gives you one no matter what.

I'm hoping that Digitech's delay in coming out with their next model Trio is that they are taking time to produce a full featured comprehensive song building machine in which I would be willing to wait for and pay the bucks if they truly deliver. Platefire

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.