Different pots/wiring schemes for Classic '50s Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 18, 2019.

1. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

I crazy-LOVE my Classic '50s Strat. Incredible value for the $, too.

But, yeah, that inherent issue with the bridge pickup being wired to nothing but the Volume control is getting annoying.

So what schemes/changes do you recommend? I would love to be able to control the bridge pickup's tone. And/or to be able to blend it with other pickups--ideally, the neck.

Are there some easy and affordable options here? (That sounded like a dumb question as I wrote it.)

I don't see the Strat as a rock machine. I play mostly for the velvet bells of the neck position, and the rich quack of position 4, and use it for not-at-all or very minimally effected sounds. A little reverb, a little delay, and that's it. It's a purity machine, for me. Even so, more control over and a richer sound from the bridge would be nice.

Thanks for your suggestions here.

2. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

Here's a master volume, master tone with blend circuit
    https://www.mojotone.com/site/specs/2113349WD.pdf

Attached Files:

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  3. RoscoeElegante

4. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

If they can't do that they are not a tech:D

You can but the kit or you could just buy the blender pot by itself and use your current switch and pots.
    https://www.mojotone.com/guitar-par...ojotone-CTS-250K-Blender-Guitar-Potentiometer

The nice thing about that blender pot is that it takes the pickup out of the circuit at 10

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  5. RoscoeElegante

6. Treeface

Treeface Tele-Meister

One day I will change mine to master volume, master tone, master bass cut (a la reverend). That seems 10x more useful than separate tone controls for different pickups.

7. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

Big fan of master volume, master tone (w no-load pot) and blender, BUT if you really want a 'stealth strat" then check out Deaf Eddie's Fat -O-caster and Chromacaster switches. I've had them in both of my strats for years now and they are not coming out!

8. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

9. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

My Strat is wired with a mini toggle for 7 sounds. The bridge and middle run through a common tone control. I’m very satisfied with that. Pickup selection is easy and I like having the neck and bridge combination. I also use all three for one or two songs. My eyesight isn’t what it was. I like the idea of a blender to bring the middle pickup into a blend but I’m not sure it would give me something useful I don’t already have and reading the blend knob in subdued lighting would be difficult.

lineboat likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.