Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Dexter

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by arnie5150, Apr 11, 2012.

1. arnie5150

arnie5150 Tele-Meister

Just started watching Dexter from the first episode and I am now halfway through season 2 . What an awesome series!

2. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Yes, I'm not sure when the new season starts but they haven't been advertising it yet so you should have time to get up current before it starts.

3. Astro1176

Astro1176 Tele-Holic

I love Dexter, and each season got better - although I am currently watching season 6 (I think) and I am not sure it is as good as before. Maybe it will pick up as it goes along.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's

Dexter's new season usually returns in late September.

6. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity

I have a bad feeling about how the writers will decide to end Dexter (the show and the person)...

...somehow I just can't see him sailing off into the sunset.

7. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Yep.....I can only think of two possible ways to end it.....and neither one is him sailing off into the sunset and living happily ever after.

8. superlightweigh

superlightweigh Tele-Holic

well the cat's outta the bag now....Deb almost caught him red-handed last season, and this time she walked in on him!

Caught in the act :twisted:

9. Kafka0622

Kafka0622 Tele-Meister

Do yourself a favor and stop watching after season four. It goes downhill from there and season six was just awful.

10. arnie5150

arnie5150 Tele-Meister

Well, I just finished season 5 and while I would rate them in this order: 1-4-2-3-5, I still thought it was awesome! Start season 6 Monday.

11. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

I started watching at the third episode, fourth season a year or so ago. Recently my wife discovered 2, 3, and 4 at a pawn shop for 2 bucks a season so we started in at season 2. It sure made some of the inside info of season 4 more understandable :)

We'll be hunting for 1 and the others as we check out pawn shops.

Carl

12. Ian

Ian Tele-Afflicted

Love that show.

13. colorado

colorado Tele-Holic

My wife and I loved the Sopranos, True Blood, Weeds, Borgias. We did an episode of Dexter and didn't like/get it. Do we need to revisit it cause it sounds up our alley. Does it take 2 or 3 episodes to hook you?

14. Clump

Clump Tele-Meister

Just wait until you get to the season with John Lithgow! I think it's season 4. Best yet IMO!

15. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity

Is that the cartoon about the mad professor kid?

16. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

I watched a introduction to it and it just was too creepy for me. Guess I'm a wimp.

17. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity

That was some fast watching! Five seasons since April. Kudos :cool:

I mostly agree with your seasonal rankings.

18. plymman

plymman Tele-Meister

Season 6 was poor but the finale was awesome. I'm looking forward to season 7 but is anyone else disappointed by how many loose ends are being left? The murders and storylines were as tight as a drum but from 4 onwards things started to get sloppy. Still great viewing regardless.

19. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

yes, september is when the new season starts. I started in season 2 and went abck and watched season 1.

20. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

well, I think that is because Dex is getting sloppy. He is starting to become a full person, more or less, familial responsibilities and all, and he hasn't been as meticulous. He's not adhering to his code in a strict sense. And it is a matter of time before he gets caught. Actually, Deb did catch him in the last episode. I can't wait to see what happens. I think on some level he may want to be caught because living a double life has made him weary.

edit: I think it is one of the best shows on t.v., but that season with Julia Styles was horrible on it's own merits. But I think it may purpose when you look at it from a character development perspective.

21. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's

I agree. The show is evolving logically and it is because Dexter is developing emotional attachments that it is screwing up his modus operandi.

Personally, I have enjoyed each season and it would not be as interesting to me if it didn't evolve so logically.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.